San Antonio Showdown

Probably a good discussion for next "off-season," but I've been pondering this condition for some time. A logical, next progression in judging MIGHT be, awarding more than one top medal. It's almost blasphemous to many, but under such a change we could eventually read this headline:

Three corps received GOLD Medals at this year's DCI World Class Championships in Indianapolis. They are Carolina Crown, Bluecoats, and Blue Devils (all just used for illustration).

that is like everyone getting a 'participation' trophy just for showing up IMHO. Do the work, win the competition, EARN the medal.

• Like 1

Ohio is considered part of the Midwest...so I'd put The Bluecoats in with the Midwest corps. I know they had those years when they flip-flopped between DCM and DCE.

I've never understood how a state (Ohio) that is 6 - 8 hour drive from the Atlantic Ocean and 4 day drive from the Pacific Ocean is in the MID West!!! " Mid" would infer middle.

That explains it. I was in Montreal in 1980 and attendance was terrible. I mean, it was pretty much just me and a couple of puzzled security guards.

And the security guards were telling you drum corps is dead ... in French

How about SOUTH Dakota?

Hmmmm.....South Dakota is in the NORTH and North Carolina is in the SOUTH. Where are Old York, Old Jersey, Old Mexico, and Old Hampshire?