San Antonio Showdown

Siri was introduced then, but her voice existed far before that. You could use it to read text out loud, similar to Microsoft Sam.

From the same source: "The original American voice (named Samantha in OS X) was provided by Susan Bennett in July 2005,[39] the same person that voiced Tillie the All-Time Teller. Reports that the voice was provided by Allison Dufty were incorrect,[40]which was proved by Ed Primeau, an American audio and video forensics expert."

You may have heard something similar earlier. Heck, it might have come from a sci-fi movie from the 80's. You know...right about the time that Cohen might have written the song.

I am a horribly addicted to Phantom Regiment. Have been so for many years. I am confused, dumbfounded and mesmerized as to what this corps is trying to accomplish. I am disappointed. I do not understand their presentation nor do I understand the choice of music. It is confusing and misleading. I am supposed to feel something and I feel nothing. I can only hope that the corps begin to get serious and attempt something new soon or I will become a loyal adversary and that is not something I want to embark on. I miss the Phantom that told a story that was able to be understand.

Michael Boo on DCI's live blog said this about the show:

The show conceptually pays homage to the great Regiment corps of the past, while giving a glimpse into the future. There are quite a bit of references to historic drill moves, such as the wedge and the chevron, but they're tinkered with to show them to us is a way we're not used to seeing...a bit modernized, perhaps...like a cleaning up of the graphics on a long-seen corporate logo.
  • Like 1