percussion judges in drill

I'm not going to read all 400 posts. I weighed in early to support getting drum judges OFF the field and to the sideline, but I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, I know I'm in the 90/10 minority and I always will be on this topic.

But for the rest of you guys, has a consensus been reached?

I'm not going to read all 400 posts. I weighed in early to support getting drum judges OFF the field and to the sideline, but I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, I know I'm in the 90/10 minority and I always will be on this topic.

i flipped sides since the last time. stopped listening to drummers :-)

slow down Garfield it was a JOKE

Nope, it's mostly been Corpsband vs. everyone else. Maybe we should have a DCP poll

i flipped sides since the last time. stopped listening to drummers :-)

slow down Garfield it was a JOKE

Thanks Mr. corpsband, I am officially, completely confused. :tounge2:

BTW that drummer joke you told is an old one. Everybody should have gotten that one. :laugh:

+++

So, what does a drummer say to people at his job?

How can you tell if a drummer is knocking at the front door?

Edited by wvu80

Thanks Mr. corpsband, I am officially, completely confused. :tounge2:

after watching the SA show, i changed my mind. those guys are a distraction, they disrupt performers, they miss a lot while they're avoiding collisions, and it's generally an unsafe practice.

i suggested they could sample nearly as well without being in the middle of drill (like the brass and feet guys do).

but -- after many pages of pointing out the non-responsive nature of the counter-arguments, i retired. Garfield and I did have a pretty good exchange for a number of pages but it devolved into what you might expect.

and then i dropped in to pick on Ream!

(and i'm sure the percussionists have their own summary! )

Edited by corpsband

Come on guys, kiss and make up....

You two are usually partners in crime on many issues.

after watching the SA show, i changed my mind. those guys are a distraction, they disrupt performers, they miss a lot while they're avoiding collisions, and it's generally an unsafe practice.

i suggested they could sample nearly as well without being in the middle of drill (like the brass and feet guys do).

but -- after many pages of pointing out the non-responsive nature of the counter-arguments, i retired. Garfield and I did have a pretty good exchange for a number of pages but it devolved into what you might expect.

So, is it you and me against The World to get the judges OUT of the drill? If I am truly alone, it's OK, I've held that opinion for all of this century.

It's going to take some marcher or judge getting hurt on the field, and then I HOPE DCI will wake up.

I'm not holding my breath for DCI to choose common sense and safety.