Who would win of the four 99.0+?

that Felini guy program was pretty strong stuff.

• Like 1

I understand that every show has its flaws, but BD's 2014 finals performance saw visible early step-offs, and even a quad player falling over. I don't remember miscues that obvious from Frameworks.

I agree with this, which is why I think it is not the best show ever. There were clear mistakes. They got the scores they got because everyone else below them was scored too high, and they were that much better than everyone else. A number doesn't really mean anything, just the spread, which I think is ridiculous. There should be more rationale for giving a 19.5 than it was just better than a 19.3 and worse than a 19.6.

I would rank them: 2002 Cavies, 2005 Cadets, 2014 BD, 2009 BD.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 2

I agree with this, which is why I think it is not the best show ever. There were clear mistakes. They got the scores they got because everyone else below them was scored too high, and they were that much better than everyone else. A number doesn't really mean anything, just the spread, which I think is ridiculous. There should be more rationale for giving a 19.5 than it was just better than a 19.3 and worse than a 19.6.

I would rank them: 2002 Cavies, 2005 Cadets, 2014 BD, 2009 BD.

Doesn't have to be the best show ever, just has to be the best show that particular finals night which they all was. And i can point out mistakes in 2002 Cavies as well. And i love Frameworks.

BD '09 is my distant 4th, so all BD convo is '14...

By Captions: BD wins GE by the sheer emotional level of their music and guard. Everyone I know liked their choice of tunes---unlike '12, '10, '09 (or much more so). Visually, Cavies might have the edge in VP but not VA. Every BD member was in the exact DRILL spot for 11½ minutes, like it or not. Cavies/Cadets greater degree of difficulty, but the 90s saw an end to that. Guard? Come on. BD. Cavies also got a 20, but some (who know) were surprised they won that caption Finals night. Brass: BD. Cavies were ok. Cadets were very good, but BD just sounded so great. MA? Cavies got a 20; Cadets/BD had better drums, so I'd give Cadets the edge. Drums: definitely Cadets.

As for the competition, '05 had the strongest top 3. Cavies/PR would beat BD/Cadets ('02) and Cadets/Bloo ('14).

Maybe the only way to assess these shows against each other is to go back and observe each one using the old tick system. It would be an interesting exercise.

BD '14 > Cadets > BD '09 > Cavies

I love Cadets 2005; it is one of my favorite shows ever, and their finals performance was amazing.

However, BD 2014 is to me the most amazing production I've ever seen in drum corps, from a design perspective, the attention to every little detail and the amazing performance of the MM, and I go back to 1964.

so for me, it is BD 2014, then Cadets 2005, then Cavies 2002 and finally BD 2009.

• Like 2

I understand that every show has its flaws, but BD's 2014 finals performance saw visible early step-offs, and even a quad player falling over. I don't remember miscues that obvious from Frameworks.

Personally I think it is a toss-up between BD 2014 and Cadets 2005 (although I think Cadets 2005 would take it based specifically on the fact that swept all captions). As for Cavies 2002, still to this day, I do not believe they should have scored that high. If you watch the end of the show, the flags were all over the place and if you switch to the percussion view at the end of the show, there were a couple horn players who were booking it to the point where they were almost on the wrong foot at the halt on the last set.

• Like 1

My ranking would be:

1. 2014 BD

2. 2005 Cadets

3. 2002 Cavaliers

4. 2009 BD

Edited by jmc5682