Daring in Dallas

I really wish the judging crews would be more consistent. I totally understand how visual and music scores can vary greatly from show to show. But not overall GE. The Bluecoats beat the Blue Devils by .45 in GE in San Antonio. But tonight in Dallas, one show later, the Devils beat the Bluecoats in GE by .10

I wasn't at the show in Dallas, but I doubt the Bluecoats had a GE meltdown.

I really wish the judging crews would be more consistent. I totally understand how visual and music scores can vary greatly from show to show. But not overall GE. The Bluecoats beat the Blue Devils by .45 in GE in San Antonio. But tonight in Dallas, one show later, the Devils beat the Bluecoats in GE by .10

Different judges different nights different performances.

0.55 difference is not a big deal.

• Like 4

Who's to say BD didn't have a meltdown in San Antonio?

• Like 1

Exactly how long have you been following this activity? ;-)

• Like 2

I said it before... the unprecedented disparate instrumentation useage Corps are now using ( Bluecoats, BD are entirely different in every respect ) means judges will be giving scores based upon what they personally like better, not what is performed better, as no such " better " can be determined when the instruments of the competition are now more dissimilar among the Corps than ever before. So the volatility that was predicted,that has been happening with frequency now, will continue right up until the end. This means that who sits on the GE judging panels, and what they like and don't like, will have the largest bearing on who comes out on top GE.. not how well, or not so well, the performance was in the competition. Such volatility from nite to nite will thus continue right up until the end. Things change. Instruments change(the tools chosen individually by the Corps for their competition to be scored), and so scores, placements will change likewise from nite to nite, show to show.

Edited by BRASSO

I never understood why people hate Blue Devils just because they win a lot...They have a brilliant staff.

• Like 1