Daring in Dallas

FALSE...I hate the Milwaukee Brewers.

I suppose I should never say "nobody ". its true, some people hate even Jesus, sunshine, lolipops, money, and Mom's apple pie, etc

I suppose I should never say "nobody ". its true, some people hate even Jesus, sunshine, lolipops, money, and Mom's apple pie, etc

My mom is a terrible cook.

My mom is a terrible cook.

She tells us you have a terrible taste for good food.

I was thinking the same thing when it came to the Duke Blue Devils.... or the New England Patriots.... NY Yankees..... Alabama Crimson Tide...... etc.

By contrast, nobody seems to hate the Seattle Cascades, the Milwaukee Brewers, Iowa State Cyclones football, etc.

Not true, I hate the Brewers. GO CUBBIES!

I don't hate BD, I appreciate their talent. I just get excited when someone else wins. Because as incredible as BD are, I haven't felt connected to any of their shows in nearly a decade.

Edited by DasTuba

I don't hate BD, I appreciate their talent. I just get excited when someone else wins. Because as incredible as BD are, I haven't felt connected to any of their shows in nearly a decade.

If I wasn't a huge BD fan I too would be tired of the same corp winning every year. And as a BD fan if the don't win this year...not biggie at least to me. Share the wealth.

Tim Ochran and Debbie Torchia judged the Dallas show according to From The Pressbox 2. That's all you need to know when looking at these results. Also there were some judges on the panel that I doubt have seen all these corps yet this season but I am not sure.

Musically, this is my favorite BD show in years. I hear lots of harmony, melody, longer song arrangements, etc that is my personal preference to hear. But I recognize that my tastes in music may not be others taste in music... so thats cool, too.

People get tired anytime the same team/group wins year after year. I am sad that I will not be able to see any of the top 20 corps live performing their final product. Sure, I get to see the theater broadcast of semis, but there is no substitute for actually being there and feeling those goosebumps that only a live viewing can provide. I do get confused when I see people write they have not been able to connect with a Blue Devils show for the past decade. Children Will Listen from 2015 was so lovely. How could someone not be moved? I thought 2015 Felliniesque was brilliant. It was my favorite BD show since 1994. I get we all have our favorites, but I can find something about every corps in the top 12, in the top 20 for that matter that I enjoy. Some make me laugh, or cry. Some make me jump out of my seat with the pure power of their brass line like Crown does almost every year. Others surprise me with their ability to really go after the crowd while still being innovative like the corps from Canton, Bloooo. I love The Academy this year and their Corps Bride production. How can one not love SCV and their terrific show filled with beautiful moments? It is pure class. Like I wrote earlier, I can find something I love and admire about each show this year, but this post is long enough, but shout out to the Midwest (Phantom, Cavies, Madison and Blue stars) who all have something terrific to offer. All these kids work so hard, so to any corps I have not named it is just to save people from having to read more of my way too long post. I love you all!!!

Edited by jmc5682
  • Like 1

Musically, this is my favorite BD show in years. I hear lots of harmony, melody, longer song arrangements, etc that is my personal preference to hear. But I recognize that my tastes in music may not be others taste in music... so thats cool, too.

Some people want to go see a good Jazz band or Big band, I want to go see the Chicago Symphony. :)

• Like 1