Daring in Dallas

People get tired anytime the same team/group wins year after year. I am sad that I will not be able to see any of the top 20 corps live performing their final product. Sure, I get to see the theater broadcast of semis, but there is no substitute for actually being there and feeling those goosebumps that only a live viewing can provide. I do get confused when I see people write they have not been able to connect with a Blue Devils show for the past decade. Children Will Listen from 2015 was so lovely. ow could someone not be moved? I thought 2015 Felliniesque was brilliant. It was my favorite BD show since 1994. I get we all have our favorites, but I can find something about every corps in the top 12, in the top 20 for that matter that I enjoy. Some make me laugh, or cry. Some make me jump out of my seat with the pure power of their brass line like Crown does almost every year. Others surprise me with their ability to really go after the crowd while still being innovative like the corps from Canton, Bloooo. I love The Academy this year and their Corps Bride production. How can one not love SCV and their terrific show filled with beautiful moments? It is pure class. Like I wrote earlier, I can fine something I love and admire about each show this year, but this post is long enough, but shout out to the Midwest (Phantom, Cavies, Madison and Blue stars) who all have something terrific to offer. All these kids work so hard, so to any corps I have not named it is just to save people from having to read more of my way too long post. I love you all!!!

Each show has had a moment or two that moved me with BD, but it's been nearly a decade since I just loved a BD show from start to finish which is unfortunate. I miss those days.

Tim Ochran and Debbie Torchia judged the Dallas show according to From The Pressbox 2. That's all you need to know when looking at these results. Also there were some judges on the panel that I doubt have seen all these corps yet this season but I am not sure.

So who did they screw? If that's your inference. I'd like to know more because this isn't all I need to know.

So who did they screw? If that's your inference. I'd like to know more because this isn't all I need to know.

Well Debbie has had shade thrown her way for being a BD homer when it comes to judging on this forum, but since she had Bluecoats over BD in guard by .2 at the Houston TOC, i am sure some people will over look that.

• Like 2

Well Debbie has had shade thrown her way for being a BD homer when it comes to judging on this forum, but since she had Bluecoats over BD in guard by .2 at the Houston TOC, i am sure some people will over look that.

All a ploy.... :glare:

It's obviously a decoy so we won't bat an eye when she inevitably slots BD first on finals week.

IM KIDDING.

• Like 1

Understand the TOC places the top corps. above so that they can understand placement going forward.

So Debbie does Dallas ? That was pretty daring, if you ask me.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Judges should never feel a Corps pain, imo.

They shouldn't reward a performance not as good as the night before

If the same corps won the same caption by the same margin every night I would be sooooooooooooooooo bored.

Bring on some variance and flippity flops and jumps and drops! I know who I personally want on top come August, but I want an exciting ride there.

Agreed, lol! What I meant was that of the three captions, after a show has really been established, I would expect GE to vary the least unless major changes have been implemented. I would expect more variance in music and visual based on technical errors in those captions. I feel like GE is definitely more subjective by it's very nature, than music and visual captions because it relies more on each individual judges interpretation, impression and opinion. And that's understandable and ok.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Now taking words out is OK, but never take a beer out. Deal?

Deal. I'll never go near your mouth for anything... promise.