Daring in Dallas

I really wish the judging crews would be more consistent. I totally understand how visual and music scores can vary greatly from show to show. But not overall GE. The Bluecoats beat the Blue Devils by .45 in GE in San Antonio. But tonight in Dallas, one show later, the Devils beat the Bluecoats in GE by .10

I wasn't at the show in Dallas, but I doubt the Bluecoats had a GE meltdown.

sure GE can vary...if the performance isn't there, you go off of the last sore just because? No

If a thread exists - please ignore, but I do not see a Dallas one.

Weather: About a 30 percent chance of thunderstorms through 7 p.m., then chances decrease. Heat index over 100.

No Lafayette, Louisiana (Drums across Tiger Wannabee Field) thread either.

Weather: 100% chance of rain and 100% Louisiana Humidity.

Show Cancelled..................

I really wish the judging crews would be more consistent. I totally understand how visual and music scores can vary greatly from show to show. But not overall GE. The Bluecoats beat the Blue Devils by .45 in GE in San Antonio. But tonight in Dallas, one show later, the Devils beat the Bluecoats in GE by .10

I wasn't at the show in Dallas, but I doubt the Bluecoats had a GE meltdown.

You might entertain the possibility that the SA score was the outlier...

• Like 2

You might want to entertain the possibility that maybe, just maybe... he did consider that.

sure GE can vary...if the performance isn't there, you go off of the last sore just because?

Judges should never feel a Corps pain, imo.

If the same corps won the same caption by the same margin every night I would be sooooooooooooooooo bored.

Bring on some variance and flippity flops and jumps and drops! I know who I personally want on top come August, but I want an exciting ride there.

• Like 1

Wow. Not sure how I'd feel being plastered on a shirt.

You'd probably feel a bit better than if you were plastered in a shirt.

• Like 3

I never understood why people hate Blue Devils just because they win a lot...

I was thinking the same thing when it came to the Duke Blue Devils.... or the New England Patriots.... NY Yankees..... Alabama Crimson Tide...... etc.

By contrast, nobody seems to hate the Seattle Cascades, the Milwaukee Brewers, Iowa State Cyclones football, etc.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Everyone had been complaining that there was not enough suspense in the past about who would win each show. Now that it can be one of three corps on any night (if BD, Crown and Blooo are at the same show) taking the gold some people are unhappy. I like all this flip flopping. It is exciting. The best corps will hopefully win on Finals night. It appeared to me last year like Crown had the show to beat the final week of the season, but they did not have their best show and BD did when it counted most, Finals night!. It will be interesting to see how things work out this year. We have three contenders, each with the goods to win the Gold. The key obviously is to have your best performance of the season the night of Finals. We will see what happens, but I do think it is nice to not know already who will be the 2016 Gold Medal winner.

Edited by jmc5682
  • Like 2

I was thinking the same thing when it came to the Duke Blue Devils.... or the New England Patriots.... NY Yankees..... Alabama Crimson Tide...... etc.

By contrast, nobody seems to hate the Seattle Cascades, the Milwaukee Brewers, Iowa State football, etc.

FALSE...I hate the Milwaukee Brewers.