new endings

Saw Bloo's new ending. Meh. The drum break in the middle lost me just like the original ending to Tilt. Hopefully they can change it some more to make it more exciting.

Ugh.

I'm sorry for reminding you. That was just the first thing that popped into my head at the time.

In 1976, Madison changed its entire show! I don't remember the reasons, most likely dissatisfaction with the show and the potential threat of a rising Phantom, the potential of 27th, the predictable threat of Santa Clara, and the sheer power of the blue Devils who took their first title that year. I do remember it sent shockwaves. They still placed 2nd in finals.

I remember watching that show in 76 because Madison performed it at San Jose State on their first tour (Vanguard Pacific Procession). Their opener was the Theme from Shaft. Wish I had a recording. Local PBS affiliate KTEH might have an old videotape because they usually broadcast that local DCI event.

In a way, it reminds me of Cadets 2007, when the MM shouted "THIS I BELIEVE!" right before the company push forward.

Really? Yowza....

I remember watching that show in 76 because Madison performed it at San Jose State on their first tour (Vanguard Pacific Procession). Their opener was the Theme from Shaft. Wish I had a recording. Local PBS affiliate KTEH might have an old videotape because they usually broadcast that local DCI event.

HouserCD,

Audio plus stills: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2uPhqhqSo4

SCV replaced the entire middle of their show in 1980. They took out Caravan(?) and replaced it with Evita. The original show is featured on the State of the Art recording from Concord pavilion.

Saw the video with the new ending for the Bluecoats, and honestly I think the old ending was better. The new ending feels a bit forced and out of place.

Looks like the Cadets' new strategy is to pass the disease onto the Bluecoats

• Like 1