new endings

I really like what Bluecoats did with theirs.

BDs seems like a first draft, know they have more up their sleeves. The last voiceover kinda feels like that obligatory dialogue moment in a movie where they just have to say the title, but we will see. Definitely waiting to see more.

Related to this thread, has any corps ever changed an opener, especially INSTEAD of a closer? What about a middle section?

In 2001 the Bluecoats replaced an entire opener, complete with learned drill and music on the first day of move in camp.

I guess it just didn't work... so it was replaced with a short stand still fanfare.

Nobody ever saw the original.

I really like what Bluecoats did with theirs.

BDs seems like a first draft, know they have more up their sleeves. The last voiceover kinda feels like that obligatory dialogue moment in a movie where they just have to say the title, but we will see. Definitely waiting to see more.

BD did the exact same thing last year. They changed their closer atleast 4-5 times before the final version at semis/finals

The last voiceover kinda feels like that obligatory dialogue moment in a movie where they just have to say the title

In a way, it reminds me of Cadets 2007, when the MM shouted "THIS I BELIEVE!" right before the company push forward.

• Like 1

In 1976, Madison changed its entire show! I don't remember the reasons, most likely dissatisfaction with the show and the potential threat of a rising Phantom, the potential of 27th, the predictable threat of Santa Clara, and the sheer power of the blue Devils who took their first title that year. I do remember it sent shockwaves. They still placed 2nd in finals.

I knew I had heard something like that. Thanks for the details.