Ode to Oskaloosa

And no discredit to SCVC intended, I agree, they are very good.

I just can't picture a Corp being a point and a half worse from one show to the next at this stage of the season as shows mature and the rough spots are being worked on daily.

They weren't.

It makes life a lot easier when you don't compare scores from show to show. Unless they have the same panel, it's different judges seeing the show from a different angle and they are going to assign different numbers.

Slotting would be looking at Genesis's score from last night and the judge saying "Oh! They got a 25 in GE last night so I need to score them at least a 25.1 tonight".

They didn't go up against any of these corps last night, so you don't have a spread against any of them to compare it to. If say Pacific Crest was at the show tonight and Genesis went from being 4 points behind them to 7 points behind them, then you might have something to call foul on.

Academy scored a 79.9 last night. At tonight's show against a big lineup if corps of their caliber, wouldn't surprise me to see their score drop some. Does that mean they got worse? No. They were up against a more relevant field with different judges.

A 65 isn't a 65 at all contests. It was a combination of numbers relative to the corps they followed after them yesterday. Today's 64 was a combination of numbers following who they did tonight.

• Like 1

All true, and admittedly a homer for Genesis. But Genesis has seen this before in this season and last season. They got a over a 58 in a full panel on July 1 in Muncie in head to head competition with a field of WC corps. And the next night with a partial panel were dropped 9 points (and Legends were knocked back about 5 pts). It took 2 weeks for them to climb back up to a 58. Tell me that wasn't a correction... During that time the CA cadet corps just climbed the ladder. It just doesn't appear that the activity will allow competition with SCVC and BDB. If you ask around the tour the staffs will tell you what's going on....

Edited by WaxDCIFan

IMO, Corps should only be scored on content and how well they performed it, regardless of who the competition is.

They weren't.

It makes life a lot easier when you don't compare scores from show to show. Unless they have the same panel, it's different judges seeing the show from a different angle and they are going to assign different numbers.

Slotting would be looking at Genesis's score from last night and the judge saying "Oh! They got a 25 in GE last night so I need to score them at least a 25.1 tonight".

They didn't go up against any of these corps last night, so you don't have a spread against any of them to compare it to. If say Pacific Crest was at the show tonight and Genesis went from being 4 points behind them to 7 points behind them, then you might have something to call foul on.

Academy scored a 79.9 last night. At tonight's show against a big lineup if corps of their caliber, wouldn't surprise me to see their score drop some. Does that mean they got worse? No. They were up against a more relevant field with different judges.

A 65 isn't a 65 at all contests. It was a combination of numbers relative to the corps they followed after them yesterday. Today's 64 was a combination of numbers following who they did tonight.

Thank you Drumman, I respect your knowledge and live the insight you provide.

All good points, just hard to watch it happen this way when you have some skin in the game.

Thank you Drumman, I respect your knowledge and live the insight you provide.

Like, not live