Music City Masterpiece - Nashville Show Thread

It should be part of visual design and execution AND visual GE. I know we don't have timing penalties for standing still too long anymore, but can't we at least be marching more than half the show?

There hasn't been a marching caption since the 80's.

only got to see half the show. the feed sucked and i actually got logged out partway through Madison

Blue Knights!!! Told yall they'd pass PR! Too bad Cavs weren't there, it would be interesting to see where theyd have ended up tonight.

Well, here's hoping tomorrow night (or very soon), we'll find PR in it's rightful place over BK. For me, Phantom's great music, elegant drill and emotional performance > BK's great music, incoherent design, and emotionless performance. But that's just MHO.

• Like 2

I'm curious, and lazy . . . Do they have different judges at ToC shows now.

I know when DCI instituted the sheet change, they used the ToC to test the new sheets out. Maybe around 2010? Anyway, I'm not sure how the ToC are different from the regionals now, but I'm sure you're on top of that information. Help me understand!

First year for ToC was 2011, and I believe the sheets since 2012 have been the same there as for any other show, and the judges are the same, too. The big difference is the unusual performance order--and as others have noted, BD often seems to do better going on early.

Blue Knights!!! Told yall they'd pass PR! Too bad Cavs weren't there, it would be interesting to see where theyd have ended up tonight.

I'm thinking Cavies are ahead of Cadets

Edited by Cop
  • Like 3

It would surprise me to see Cavs end up over Cadets. As good as the Cavs are, I think Cadets still have a superior product and more talent.

Was the same outcome last week between TOC and San Antonio.

I'm curious, and lazy... Do they have different judges at ToC shows now.

I know when DCI instituted the sheet change, they used the ToC to test the new sheets out. Maybe around 2010? Anyway, I'm not sure how the ToC are different from the Regionals now, but I'm sure you're on top of that information. Help me understand!

Are you asking for a reason why TOC scores have historically been different from most other shows' scores? If so, I don't have an answer, only that I've noticed that the scoring has been wonky.

The TOC in Houston this year was definitely very consistent with the results from San Antonio. Maybe TOC results are becoming more aligned with the rest of the competitions this year, maybe judging really has been more volatile in the past than we have thought. Regardless, I'd rather see a pattern of consistency rather than one consistent result before I say "I trust these scores"

• Like 1