Sizzlin' in HOTlanta (DCI Southeast, Atlanta - July 30th)

Sorry Scouts, I love you but I hate your show. I can't stand it.

Whoever told you depicting suicide was an appropriate part of a drum corps show was wrong.

You're not pushing the envelope, you're pushing your corps right out of the top 12. :thumbdown:[/quote

Phantom Regiment did it with Juliet in 2010. What's the difference ?

Fair point.

• Like 1

I soooo hope The Academy keep this momentum up. What a fantastic, fun, but also, well performed show.

• Like 2

I'll make the call now. Academy places NO LESS than 10th tonight.

No way

Has Academy always had those xylophone/skeleton people and I've just missed seeing them the whole season, or are they new?!

It was there when i saw them live in Riverside July 3rd. I remember cause the crowd went bonkers lol.

• Like 1

No way

I could see that

Has Academy always had those xylophone/skeleton people and I've just missed seeing them the whole season, or are they new?!

Yes they restaged them and now they really have a much better GE impact

Edited by Cop
  • Like 2

I'm really upset that one comment about placement turned into this whole spiel between posters. We talked all about placement and programs between Pio, JS, PC, Mandarins, and everyone was fine and had no issues simply stating opinions about shows and placements.

It sucks that now when it involves a higher level, people make a big deal out of opinions.

<snip>

The explanation is quite simple....we enjoy and appreciate EVERY corps from 24 to 16. Once you get into semifinal territory, some individuals have such strong feelings about their favorite corps, that they criticize more harshly the corps in the same bracket.....

• Like 2