Sizzlin' in HOTlanta (DCI Southeast, Atlanta - July 30th)

Sorry Scouts, I love you but I hate your show. I can't stand it.

"Whoever told you depicting suicide was an appropriate part of a drum corps show was wrong.

You're not pushing the envelope, you're pushing your corps right out of the top 12. :thumbdown:[/quote

Phantom Regiment did it with Juliet in 2010. What's the difference ?

+++

This is a great post. Nobody hates any particular corps but this year's offering from the Madison Scouts isn't consistent with what the Scouts usually put on the field. I think the production is beneath them and doesn't show off the talent this corps possesses. I wish the Scouts all the success in the world because they were among my favorite corps to compete against but 2016 isn't a step up for them.

Edited by ThirdValvesAreForWimps
  • Like 2

"Boy, Madison is sure the whipping boy for the negative nancies this year."

I agree. I don't know which corps people on DCP have been more negative to - Madison, Cadets, or Phantom Regiment.

As A BAC fan, who also loves Madison, Madison only became the whipping boy about a week ago, BAC has been the whipping boy the entire season.

This is a great post. Nobody hates any particular corps but this year's offering from the Madison Scouts isn't consistent with what the Scouts usually put on the field. I think the production is beneath them and doesn't show off the talent this corps possesses. I wish the Scouts all the success in the world because they were among my favorite corps to compete against but 2016 isn't a step up for them.

Despite the design flaws, there is still a lot of demand and content in the Scouts show that should be awarded if/when it is achieved. It's not an awful show. It's a better show than a lot of the Mason years IMO, in terms of content and demand. They were very close to Regiment and BK last night, so I have no clue what the judges are thinking or are going to do.

Are they going to field an alumni corps? That would be incredible if true.

music of the night

fiddler

miss Saigon

ON BUGLES!!!!

• Like 4

All this Madison hate. I have to say I really like the show. But Lady Gaga isn't doing them any favors. Plus, I realize it's a show about Judas, but having no Jesus character really hurts story-wise.

Sorry Scouts, I love you but I hate your show. I can't stand it.

"Whoever told you depicting suicide was an appropriate part of a drum corps show was wrong.

You're not pushing the envelope, you're pushing your corps right out of the top 12. :thumbdown:[/quote

Phantom Regiment did it with Juliet in 2010. What's the difference ?

+++

We can all rejoice in the return of the Cavies then.... I know I luv em

• Like 1

All this Madison hate. I have to say I really like the show. But Lady Gaga isn't doing them any favors. Plus, I realize it's a show about Judas, but having no Jesus character really hurts story-wise.

I agree I found myself questioning the prima's motivation through out the show

Where is this Lady Gaga. I keep hearing about it, but I don't notice it. Can someone please point out what Lady Gaga piece is infused in there and where it is?