Field Pass?

Dan released his latest " DCI Field Pass/Pod cast yesterday within dci.org/news. It includes a portion on "The Academy". He was with them in Atlanta recording a post performance talk being given by Mark Larkin, Academy Brass Caption head as he addressed the members, Here's a gem of a Paul Brandt quote Michael shared with the "A" Team......."Don't tell me the sky is the limit.....when there's footsteps on the moon.' You'll find the entire video of the address on youtube, posted, August 2.2016, under "Remember The Moment." Dale Carnegie would be proud. Enjoy.

Dan released his latest " DCI Field Pass/Pod cast yesterday within dci.org/news. It includes a portion on "The Academy". He was with them in Atlanta recording a post performance talk being given by Mark Larkin, Academy Brass Caption head as he addressed the members, Here's a gem of a Paul Brandt quote Michael shared with the "A" Team......."Don't tell me the sky is the limit.....when there's footsteps on the moon.' You'll find the entire video of the address on youtube, posted, August 2.2016, under "Remember The Moment." Dale Carnegie would be proud. Enjoy.

Oops.....the Brass Caption head's first nameis actually MICHAEL!...it's currently 1:03 AM I've turned into a pumpkin and my brain has gone to seed. Sorry Michael.

Dan mentioned that Academy was poised to make its first finals this year. I recall that they have been in finals before.

Can anybody confirm one way or the other?

The closest Academy came to Division I/World Class Finals was their first year in Division I, 2007, when they placed 13th.

You may be thinking of their time in Division II/III, when Academy won every show they performed in, including the 2006 Division II Championships.

• Like 1

Dan mentioned that Academy was poised to make its first finals this year. I recall that they have been in finals before.

Can anybody confirm one way or the other?

No, they have NOT made it into the Top 12 YET! They got the closest in 2007, their debut season as a World Class Corps, placing 13th behind Spirit of Atlanta in Semi's. A little Trivia: Their highest finish in a regional also occurred in 2007, in San Antonio where they finish 10th stunning the the DCI World ( - :

The closest Academy came to Division I/World Class Finals was their first year in Division I, 2007, when they placed 13th.

You may be thinking of their time in Division II/III, when Academy won every show they performed in, including the 2006 Division II Championships.

FYI: To date (if memory serves me correctly, and at this stage in my life that often fails), The Academy remains the only Division II Corps 2004-2006 to go through it's entire three year year Division II history UNDEFEATED. NOTE: However, their first two years were LIMITED tours, As noted above, they concluded their first "National" tour in 2006 winning Gold in Division II at Legendary Camp Randall Stadium on the campus of the University of Wisconsin, in Madison. In addition, THE ACADEMY also captured that year, the "Spirit of Disney" Award in Division II, and earning Mark Richardson, Division II Corps "Director of the Year" honors. Mark to this day remains The Academy's Executive Director.

It's back! A new episode appeared within the last couple days. Check the new version of the podcast or the DCI News page.

Apparently Dan Potter was busy doing the RNC convention.

He is a Big Shot, you know. Also a chef.

Since you brought it up...

http://recipes.hastybake.com/author/dan-potter/

• Like 1

I downloaded the round table podcast until I saw a podcast about increasing diversity and I just about flipped. Delete

I downloaded the round table podcast until I saw a podcast about increasing diversity and I just about flipped. Delete

I haven't actually listened to this podcast so I'm curious, what was wrong with discussing increasing diversity?