Marching for corn in Cedar Rapids?

Well you called it. The California kids all move up by a point or more overnight, and Genesis moves down again.

Same exact setup tomorrow night in Farmington, Genesis, then INT.

You cannot compare scores from one show to another. Different judges have a different idea of what each number is. Heck they all look at different things each night. So your chances of the same judge giving the same score on the exact same performance is nil

You cannot compare scores from one show to another. Different judges have a different idea of what each number is. Heck they all look at different things each night. So your chances of the same judge giving the same score on the exact same performance is nil

But you can compare scoring trends between Corps n

It's not a given that scores always go up.

It appears to be a given that BDB. and SCVC scores will always go up. I'm not buying it. Genesis has made a lot of progress on their show in July and only moved up about 5 points this month. In that same period of time BDB and SCVC have been locked together and moved up almost 15 points. It's just not realistic to think that there isn't some other influence going on. And the staffs in the corps will tell you that the activity cannot afford another WC corps. So BDB and SCVC are their way to make sure everyone else stays in OC.

While I appreciate conspiracy theory, I think we all forget that two OC corps benefit from two of the top WC design staffs.

While I appreciate conspiracy theory, I think we all forget that two OC corps benefit from two of the top WC design staffs.

And an unlimited budget to purchase commercially designed computer controlled lighted props, etc. Remember they are the gatekeepers to anyone making WC right now. Don't believe the conspiracy theory? Ask around about why the existing WC corps won't allow anyone to move up right now. It's really not a secret.. #growdrumcorps

IMO, World Class status is something that should be earned. Last year several Open Class Corps finished ahead of several World Class Corps and it's shaping up to be the same way this year. I know BDB & SCVC have no desire to be WC, but there are other OC Corps that do desire to be WC and again IMO have earned it. If DCI can only afford 24 WC Corps, then make it the best 24.

IMO, World Class status is something that should be earned. Last year several Open Class Corps finished ahead of several World Class Corps and it's shaping up to be the same way this year. I know BDB & SCVC have no desire to be WC, but there are other OC Corps that do desire to be WC and again IMO have earned it. If DCI can only afford 24 WC Corps, then make it the best 24.

^ Truth ^

I've been watching the activity since I marched 30 years ago. I've never been as concerned about the future of the activity as I am these days. The strangle hold that the existing WC corps have on the activity is undeniable and incredibly damaging to the corps who want their shot at success.

With that, I have made my last post for the year. I'll continue to watch and enjoy all of the great analysis from many in these forums. Have a great season y'all.