Well we got a few corps competing tonight

Thankfully, Mother Nature was kind enough to allow the entire show to get in at Landisville. LOL. The weather radar looked pretty nasty for a while... but the rain slowed, and then pretty much stopped, except for some drizzle the rest of the night.

Hats off to Amy Snook and her crew for another well-run show, despite the tough weather situation!!!

Thankfully, Mother Nature was kind enough to allow the entire show to get in at Landisville. LOL. The weather radar looked pretty nasty for a while... but the rain slowed, and then pretty much stopped, except for some drizzle the rest of the night.

Hats off to Amy Snook and her crew for another well-run show, despite the tough weather situation!!!

Yea, let's hope that Landisville qualifies as the "rainy Reading home show" this year, and that the show in Exeter is nice and dry :)

• Like 1

Yea, let's hope that Landisville qualifies as the "rainy Reading home show" this year, and that the show in Exeter is nice and dry :)

I have seats that are closer to the box overhang at Exeter

When a DCA corps goes to a DCI show, DCI judges are judging the corps on DCA sheets.

As a DCA director, I greatly appreciate their comments and appreciate the 17 minutes DCI gives us on their stage, but honestly, their numbers could be in Mandarin, because for the vast majority of the judges, we are the only DCA corps they'll see all year, and quite honestly, at a show like ATL, they have 20 something DCI corps to judge that day. I don't expect them to be able to accurately place DCA corps within the proper context of the entire circuit.

• Like 1

So - have any DCI corps ever been scored on DCA sheets to provide a reverse tolerance?

Andy, I can tell you around 1992 the Rochester Patriots appeared at at least one DCA contest before they went touring and were scored in DCI sheets. The DCA numbers were somewhat higher, but not 10 to 15 points different IIRC.

The Garden State Circuit corps were scored on DCI sheets but not by DCI judges (NJA people, then East Coast Judging Guild till the end of the circuit- don't get me started on that one) unless they went to DCI contests, a couple would head to championships, mainly Surf- and the scores given by those judges were fairly higher in Garden State then they would get at DCI's.

The thing is with GSC, at least there were enough corps and contests where you had numbers and relationships that made sense with each other from week to week.

The 90's DCI sheets were massively exact and specific. Not hard to find the right range of numbers which to score someone in.

As for scoring a DCI corps on a DCA sheet.... the question would be "why?" Their shows are built around a totally different set of demands. DCI is like building a Formula 1 car, DCA is like building an Indy car, look much the same... but really very different internally.

Edited by BigW

I hope you're right, Kamarag. I've had enough with the rain this season. A new venue is a tough sell, even with placing ads in the Lancaster, Harrisburg, and Reading papers. Newcomers seem to miss the "rain or shine" notice and assume it's cancelled. First show in 13 years as Chairman that resulted in a deficit, including the 2011 rainout caused by that b**** Hurricane Irene.

I hope you're right, Kamarag. I've had enough with the rain this season. A new venue is a tough sell, even with placing ads in the Lancaster, Harrisburg, and Reading papers. Newcomers seem to miss the "rain or shine" notice and assume it's cancelled. First show in 13 years as Chairman that resulted in a deficit, including the 2011 rainout caused by that b**** Hurricane Irene.

i think updates online could have helped. even driving down, I wasn't sure it could go. We kept checking online and found out it was going to go after a corps staffer posted. With that many DCA admin in house, they could have surely updated.A lot of people really were just unsure, and few read the Harrisburg paper anymore, they use pennlive.com or their app.

• Like 1