NightBEAT Winston-Salem, NC 31 July 2016

Want to add, SCV brass line may get my nod for most improved section of any of the finalists corps

I would also add the Cavaliers' colorguard to that list. Both sections are massively improved over last year.

Want to add, SCV brass line may get my nod for most improved section of any of the finalists corps

I was going to say something of that sort, the SCV brass puts out more and better sound than they have in quite some time.

Excellent work.

I'm catching up but good job SCV as that appeared to be a good run. I'm on to The Scouts now.

I just received a reply from the DCI chat. This show is not included in the $69.95 DCI Tour Bundle that states "Everything but the Championships". What am I missing. I purchased that package because I go to Indianapolis every year. Not happy. "Bait & Switch". "Hey kid, get off my lawn!"

• Like 1

I think I've finally found the right descriptor for SCV: timeless. This is a show that just works. It has class. Superb drill, brass, and percussion. And it wouldn't be out of place anywhere in DCI from the late 80s on (nevermind electronics, etc)

• Like 5

Madison has to get their soloist locked in as his playing seems shaky every time I hear it.

• Like 1

I really love Madison's music but I really don't understand how it fits their show at all. Their synth bass is also the most offensively loud I've ever heard from a corps.

Edited by defeldus2
  • Like 2