Easy Going: Salem, VA

Today tarps have probably singlehandedly caused more falls and trips than percussion judges probably have this whole season.

I hate the tarps. . . I was in the 25th row in Atlanta and not only could I not see what was visually depicted on the tarps (thereby making them useless for furthering the theme of the show), but they obscured the corps members who were passing over them. They were like a visual black hole (albeit light colored) that made the kids invisible. Adding the fact that they're a safety hazard seals the deal for me. #NoTarpsinDCI :)

:satisfied:

Hillary must have pulled the plug!

Nah, it was Ted Cruz getting more revenge on Trump for having suggested his father helped kill JFK.

Also, the mandarins had no electronics tonight. The pit was completely inaudible at the top of the stadium, and there were some pretty big silences during the show.

At shows when the front ensemble knows the amplification isn't working, should they play louder? (Obviously the synth player can't.) Or should they play like they always do, thinking of consistency and future shows, and let that night's audience go hang?

#downwithtarpsinDCI

Agree. They are hazard more than a GE score

The way the Crossmen did it last year with a tarp in the front didn't seem to hurt. There wasn't a lot of fast moving activity on top of it. Maybe the corps need to reconsider WHERE the tarp is.