So 2017 is your age out year, with whom do you want to march?

I would pick The Cavaliers over again a zillion times. The experience took me from a boy to a man.

• Like 4

Now? SCV.

My age out year? (1993) Colts (which I will always regret since I tried out and they offered me a spot; which I ended up declining because I was stupidly worrying that I was going to fall behind in college) - it was the first year they ever made Finals.

Every year from 1988 - 1992, 1994 - 2008, 2010: Phantom Regiment

This year, or any year, SCV (with a special exception for Phantom 2008)...felt that way since I first saw them in '74

My last year of actual marching was in '82 with 27 - loved it

• Like 1

I'm not surprised to see Bluecoats on this list so many times.

But I also would've guessed that's what a lot of young'uns would've said in in 09 or 10 or so. And it took several more years for the corps to start competing for a title.

Ok I didn't march, didn't even play a band instrument (pianist) - BUT I would have loved going the color guard route had I been properly introduced to the activity. The color guards that continuously impress me the most are Crown's, BD's and SCV's. I probably would have sent audition videos to all of them my age out year. Had I been a pit gal, which would have been plausible, I'd choose the same three corps but I'd add Bluecoats and Cadets.

That being said, my son did march and he always harbored a burning desire to rook out with BD. I told him I'd support his decsion and that some how, some way, we could make this happen. But he remained loyal to his home corps and aged out with them. I hope he never regrets that.

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 1