Poll - Best Modern Blue Devils Guard

Blue Devils Guards  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What modern Blue Devils guard is their best?

• 2008 - Constantly Risking Absurdity
    • 2009 - 1930
    • 2010 - Through a Glass Darkly
    • 2011 - The Beat my Heart Skipped
    • 2012 - Cabaret Voltaire
    • 2013 - The ReRite of Spring
    • 2014 - Felliniesque
    • 2015 - Ink

So it's no question that Blue Devils color guard is the most dominant force in DCI right now with 8 years of straight wins. So of all of those, a few with 20s, which one stands out the most to you?

I wish there was more guard insight on here, I really appreciate those of you that provide your guard insights.

The one that sticks out to my completely untrained eye is 2010. They just seem so incredibly commandkng from a high cam video I just watched. Their work looks incredibly close to perfect to my eye. They're the one of the their guards that sticks out in my mind.

How about you? And please don't turn this into a "oh this guard should have beat them that year". I'm thinking about starting another topic for best guard not to win since 2009.

Edited by DrumManTx

I'm no guard expert at all so this is just an uneducated opinion but I found 2009's guard to be pretty impressive

I'm no guard expert at all so this is just an uneducated opinion but I found 2009's guard to be pretty impressive

They were wonderful that year! I picked 2014 because they portrayed the concept so well and were quite divine in technique as well.

• Like 1

So it's no question that Blue Devils color guard is the most dominant force in DCI right now with 8 years of straight wins. So of all of those, a few with 20s, which one stands out the most to you?

I wish there was more guard insight on here, I really appreciate those of you that provide your guard insights.

The one that sticks out to my completely untrained eye is 2010. They just seem so incredibly commandkng from a high cam video I just watched. Their work looks incredibly close to perfect to my eye. They're the one of the their guards that sticks out in my mind.

How about you? And please don't turn this into a "oh this guard should have beat them that year". I'm thinking about starting another topic for best guard not to win since 2009.

Best guard that didn't win (since 2009) is easy - Crown 2015 IMO

BD: I believe their 2014 guard was INCREDIBLE

• Like 2

Best guard that didn't win (since 2009) is easy - Crown 2015 IMO

BD: I believe their 2014 guard was INCREDIBLE

I will agree with this

• Like 1

I voted 2009, but it's a tie between 09 and 14. Perfection. As a guard person, those are dream shows. The flag features in the openers, especially.

As of yet no one has voted 2011 and I just wanted to say - I'm proud of us.

• Like 2

I voted 2009, but it's a tie between 09 and 14. Perfection. As a guard person, those are dream shows. The flag features in the openers, especially.

As of yet no one has voted 2011 and I just wanted to say - I'm proud of us.

2011 was the only design misfire that staff has had in 10+ years. Just not good. The stripes. The PVC houses. Oy.

I voted 14 because they added such tremendous range of expression on top of the stellar execution of 09. The writing in Felliniesque was so fantastically musical (and again in 15 and now 16 as well).