Champions in Chester, August 4 2016

I saw a drunk guy get in a pretty intense verbal fight at DATR in 2014. Twas exciting.

There's something about that show and drunk people. There was a drunk lady in '12 who wanted to negotiate prices for merchandise and then she started touching this couple's teenage son inappropriately. It was a HOT mess.

• Like 1

Missed Crossmen.

Blue Knights: The show is just so confused and unfocused. I'm really disappointed after their great production last year, but I just don't see any cohesion in this show. They play loud but it doesn't have direction; sort of like how being strong without control is meaningless in a fight.

Carolina Crown: All of Blue Knights' power with all of the control that they lack. Beautiful sounds out of the hornline. The drums are much cleaner, but their book is really simple too so I don't see them winning drums. Front ensemble is playing well, but it's hard to hear them sometimes. I wish they did more with Hallelujah, it's only touched on; they could make a big moment out of it and I think they missed that opportunity. I'm upset that they changed the ending; the show is called RELENTLESS for Christ's sake. It's a spaghetti western, it's supposed to have a guy shooting another guy for revenge. The ending as it stands still feels like it's missing something (killing blow notwithstanding), it feels like there should be about fifteen more seconds somewhere between the Crown set and the Grass is Greener set.

Madison Scouts: They're weak, and that's accounting for the fact that they went on after Crown. From their last few chords it clear that they CAN play with power, they just choose not to for some reason. The whole I found myself asking for more, and they just didn't give it to me. Way too much goo, particularly against a relatively weak hornline. I don't understand the scaffolding, it doesn't seem to have a purpose in relation to the JCS theme/music. Drums were okay, not spectacular. Front ensemble was barely audible.

• Like 1

Got to love stadium prices... $5 20 oz coke and $5 bottled water...haha

There's something about that show and drunk people. There was a drunk lady in '12 who wanted to negotiate prices for merchandise and then she started touching this couple's teenage son inappropriately. It was a HOT mess.

Somethings never change. I was there in 1993 the people behind us were wasted and so rude about Star. 23 years ago and I still remember how drunk a few people were.

Edited by George Dixon

Somethings never change. 8 was there in 1993 the people behind us were wasted and so rude about Star. 23 years ago and I still remember how drunk a few people were.

Lol. I was so glad to get out of that town. Horrible weather. Got yelled at by stadium staff for something out of my control. I never want to go back to Denver.

Phantom Regiment...up next

I do remember Star being booed at shows. I had to ask the people why they booed.

• Like 1

This place makes Allentown way overrated...

• Like 1