DCI On Demand - Return of the Fan Network

Anyone see this nestled down in the latest weekly email? I'm intruiged!

http://www.dci.org/mobile/ViewArticle.dbml?atclid=211099191&DB_OEM_ID=33500&

Edited by Clutchtow

Just realized that the DCI Live subscription doesn't include it. Hmmm... Will have to think about this now...

given the very specific language about being able to record and include five different live performances for each corps show, my guess is that we have found yet another type/variant of licensing that is being applied.

I'll wait to hear from DCP'ers here if the sound and video quality of the video is good. If so, I might spring for it after the season is over. We'll see.

So, Intriguing thing, looks like they haven't set up the restrictions yet, so all the videos are free

I'll wait to hear from DCP'ers here if the sound and video quality of the video is good. If so, I might spring for it after the season is over. We'll see.

You can check for yourself until they fix their bug, but from a video perspective, you are getting the uncompressed 720i feed, so it looks better than the feeds, but any time there is significant motion, you will see the interlacing... its pretty apparent (At least I'm like 90% sure that is what it is)

Haven't listened closely enough for the audio

Edited by Clutchtow

That's a very specific list of shows. Not sure this is worth it yet.

Also they need a Roku app.

I give a thumbs up... so far listened/watched to multi-cam Bluecoats, Crown, and Cadets at Atlanta and thought the audio was worthy (at least in headphones). Video is good too...no complaints here. For the record I did not buy the "Live" package.

Been waiting for On Demand to return...so I will take what I can get and certainly look for additional events and corps to be added.

This fills a big void, especially if they can get Finals added later in the year.

I give a thumbs up... so far listened/watched to multi-cam Bluecoats, Crown, and Cadets at Atlanta and thought the audio was worthy (at least in headphones). Video is good too...no complaints here. For the record I did not buy the "Live" package.

Been waiting for On Demand to return...so I will take what I can get and certainly look for additional events and corps to be added.

This fills a big void, especially if they can get Finals added later in the year.

Anybody else get buffering issues on the shows so far on there ? I went from Google Chrome, and then even Explorer, and both had severe hiccups with bad buffering stoppage throughout all of the shows after logging in.. i have the live premium package. Sounds like you has no issues, so I wonder what gives. Anybody else ?

Edited by BRASSO