Cadets' ballad is so cool

The Blue Knights' show finally makes sense to me and sounds great live

Boston's show is so entertaining, finals be ######

Bluecoats are so competitive in all captions

Thumbs down:

Cavies' show sucks. Sorry, I can't stand it

Cadets need to turn down the synth

Members of Blue Knights and Crossmen are tripping and falling over their tarp

Corpsband cares more about percussion judges on the field than said members tripping over tarps

BD's colorguard uniforms

SCV isn't in the top 3

Troopers aren't scoring higher

This season is going to be over in just over a week :(

• Like 2

I'll play. I'm only doing thumbs up.

Overall.......

- Bluecoats have a show that is firing on all cylinders, contending, and pushing some boundaries. Combined with incredibly strong performances from all captions, and they are unarguably having their best season ever.

- Blue Devils are once again amazing, you can't say their show is a flop. While there are a few questionable moments, their sublime ballad makes up for all of that. If the whole show matched the perfection of that it would be 0 contest.

- Carolina Crown in my opinion is stronger than last year, just two other that are firing on all cylinders too. So much stronger visually as an ensemble and their percussion is no longer a big detractor. Combined with their usual strengths and I don't see how you can say it's a flop.

- Santa Clara Vanguard seems like the fan favorite on here through some polls and just lack of negativity in regards to comments on their show. Seamlessly put together, doing less when everyone else is doing more, and their HUGELY improved brass line, and it's no surprise they are where they are.

- The Cavaliers. Lol. I could hate this show. And it's pretty clear there are some that do. But taking personal opinion out of it, looking at where they are scoring, the improvement in construction, and the crowd reactions they are getting it is no question this is a hit for them. And if they had an Ott level brass line, they'd probably be making a case for 5th right now sniffing at 4th. I think this show is eliciting EXACTLY what they wanted. The discussion during the show when I saw this live was pretty intense. But going from 9th to probably a very solid 6th? That's a big huge double thumbs up. Most entertaining show I have ever seen live. Love it.

Blue Stars are looking at a 2 minimum, 4 maximum place increase in placement this year. Hugely improved visual package and brass line combined with a percussion section and guard that is really coming together? It's a really good season for them.

Crossmen look like they are finally getting out of that 12th place rut with their highest finish in a decade. Great energy and infectious groove with all original music? Didn't think it'd happen. Thanks for proving me wrong. Amazing guard and brass.

- The Academy is certainly not a lock for 12th, even though I feel like they should be, the reception this show has gotten speaks for itself. So well put together, so well conveyed, and so well recieved. Hope they can lock it up.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

Thumbs up:

SCV whole show

BD has the best ensemble sound in DCI

Crown's brass is amazing

Phantom Regiment sounds like Phantom Regiment

Bluecoats' ballad reminds me of Crossmen

Academy's show is one of the most entertaining shows on the field

Cadets' ballad is so cool

The Blue Knights' show finally makes sense to me and sounds great live

Boston's show is so entertaining, finals be ######

Bluecoats are so competitive in all captions

Thumbs down:

Cavies' show sucks. Sorry, I can't stand it

Cadets need to turn down the synth

Members of Blue Knights and Crossmen are tripping and falling over their tarp

Corpsband cares more about percussion judges on the field than said members tripping over tarps

BD's colorguard uniforms

SCV isn't in the top 3

Troopers aren't scoring higher

This season is going to be over in just over a week :(

I hope to gosh you're not giving up the ship quite yet, Cappy.

(And please forgive my mixing metaphors. I was caught between "giving up the ghost" and "jumping ship." Regardless...you get what I meant, thank God.)

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 1

Not going so far as to title this winners and losers, because all the corps are winners, right?

Thumbs up - achieving or surpassing expectations

1. Bluecoats. Self explanatory

2. Cavaliers. Reconfiguring of the design and teaching teams pays dividends.

3. Academy. Top 12 written all over this corps

4. Lower tier of World Class - From Oregon Crusaders to Pioneer all have all upped their game in 2017.

5. Spirit of Atlanta. They exist as a viable organization. Don't underestimate what that means.

Thumbs down - the offseason hype didn't help

1. Cadets. Raise your hand if you saw this coming all Winter. I see a lot of hands up.

2. Troopers. Must be the new uniforms, right?

3. Boston Crusaders. Who will be the 2017 Messiah? The last 3 big names haven't lived up to the homers crowing

4. DCI Board. The decision to not publish recaps = epic fail on many levels. The last thing judges need is less accountability. Maybe the answer is more judge training?

Ouch not only a slap to MM's of a few corps but for Boston you also managed to slap the staff and supporters (the homers crowing). Sorry if family, friends and alumni are excited during the off season. How about a thumbs down for you?

• Like 1

Ouch not only a slap to MM's of a few corps but for Boston you also managed to slap the staff and supporters (the homers crowing). Sorry if family, friends and alumni are excited during the off season. How about a thumbs down for you?

agreed. I'm sure all are a little surprised and disappointed by the results (so far)

I hope the members are having fun!

• Like 2

Most improved corps since mid-season: Cadets

Fan Favorite: Acadeny

• Like 2

I haven't heard anyone in the stands dislike Boston's show and not want it to get better. This is even from the corps with whom they have been close in scoring.

It is a most likeable show, it seems a fun show to perform, and it is obvious that the marchers are working hard.

• Like 1