Thumbs up & thumbs down, so far.....

Thumbs up:

Cadets most transformed corps from beginning of season to now. Not easy to rewrite that much of music and drill and be presentable. One week to go, keep pushing. Starting to look like Cadets!

BD for consistently being in top 1-2 spots. I'm amazed at your fabulousness. (Is that a word?).

Crown for effectively taking its weak link (percussion) and bringing up to top tier caption along with brass and guard. Just an amazing corps.

SCV such a beautiful traditional show. Refreshing to see.

Academy for their continued push over the years. So great to see your success blooming this season.

Thumbs down:

DCI judging and now no recaps. No accountabilility now. They can put any group anywhere they want now. Not really a competition, more like a popularity contest.

• Like 1

I wasn't really going to participate in this thread, but I do have a THUMBS UP:

My "thumbs up" is the dynamic nature of this season. If you compare the unofficial ranking of the corps now to the same day a year ago, almost every corps is in a different position.

That may mean that some corps have a disappointed fanbase because they aren't ranked where they are accustomed to being, but it also means other corps have risen. But, it's good for the activity

• Like 1

How are the Troopers a thumbs down? Just because of their uniforms?

Because they're ugly?

I haven't heard anyone in the stands dislike Boston's show and not want it to get better. This is even from the corps with whom they have been close in scoring.

It is a most likeable show, it seems a fun show to perform, and it is obvious that the marchers are working hard.

I got a chance to chat with some of Boston's MMs in the stands in Atlanta. They definitely seem to be enthusiastic about the show!

Thumbs down to every homer every year who takes preseason hype and says 'this is their year!' Only to be severely disappointed by reality....again...and not learn from it. (The last part is most important)

Wow! Another person who thinks someone excited by their favorite corps or a corps their kid is in should gets thumbs down and thinks they are dumb for being excited. WHY WOULDN'T THEY BE??? What an _ _ _ .
  • Like 1

How are the Troopers a thumbs down? Just because of their uniforms?

I had (in order) Thumbs UP, Neutral, Thumbs DOWN. And YES I was talking ONLY about the uniform.

I thought Troopers uni was in the Neutral category.

They have been roundly panned by some fans, but from the stands I didn't think they were too bad. Up close the uni seemed a bit confused to me. They have belt buckle on a belt that droops down like it's a necklace. I'm not sure what they were trying to accomplish with that.

Then you have the Pale Riders tunic and a WHITE hat that doesn't color match. The whole look left me with mixed feelings.

Edited by wvu80

Thumbs up:

Coats - I'm honestly not a huge fan of the show, but big ups to them for solidifying their place as a gold medal contender every year.

Cavies - Love that they took a risk with this show. It's working for them.

Cadets - Show design not great, but man those kids can play.

Academy - Top 12 looking good. Big accomplishment.

BD - The whole organization. First class.

Thumbs down:

Bieber.

Phantom Regiment - Just seem stuck in neutral.

No full recaps.

Thumbs up for all hitchhikers going to the shows.

Thumbs down to all those that don't give them a ride.

( thumbs out and hitchhiking to shows is probably not something we see anymore among the young... but in my wild and crazy younger days, I recall doing it once or twice. )

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Thumbs up for all hitchhikers going to the shows.

Thumbs down to all those that don't give them a ride.

( thumbs out and hitchhiking to shows is probably not something we see anymore among the young... but in my wild and crazy younger days, I recall doing it once or twice. )

I tried it once. What an amazingly bad idea. Flew to Milwaukee and was to thumb to Whitewater, at night. Once I got to the highway I realized how dumb an idea it was. I was going to make a sign, the closest store closed; no way to make a sign. Was actually about to go down the wrong road as well. Stopped into a random Dunkin Donuts in West Allis thinking about how I was going to get to whitewater and in walks someone I knew from home and was able to get a ride. Lucky lucky lucky. True store, no exaggeration. That was the very last time I tried hitching anywhere.