Shoutout to the Parents

You never know -- if he loves Drum Corps, he might just tech somewhere and it all starts again.

. I'm a parent of a former corps member. Aged out in 2007. My son teaches a winter percussion line now as a nice diversion from the corporate world. Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

for all of the parents who read this forum, but don't care to post because of the insanity, be assured there are many thousands of fans out there who LOVE what your kids are doing.

i'm not a parent, so i can only imagine how proud you must be.

• Like 4

. I'm a parent of a former corps member. Aged out in 2007. My son teaches a winter percussion line now as a nice diversion from the corporate world.

My son aged out in 2013 and is a HS band director. He teched for Spirit for a summer and wants to continue working with the kids and Drum Corps. He loves to teach. I guess he got bit bad.

• Like 1

This is a great thread topic,, and one long overdue, imo.

Parents are to be commended for the supportive manner that allows these Marchers to have their summer dreams fulfilled. Strip away the scores and the placements, and the real essence of Drum Corp participation is its lifelong wonderful memories, and the valuable lifelong beneficial skills that all these Marchers receive, irrespective of what Corps they march in. Parents deserve a HUGE public recognition and a public thank you, and I'm glad this forum and this thread allows such gratitude to be extended to these supportive parents.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

I was really lucky in that my parents fully supported my drum corps career for six years. I had to fly to Chicago multiple times during the camp season every year. They also paid for member fees and summer expenses. I can't thank them enough for everything they did for me. Forever grateful.

• Like 3

This is a great thread topic,, and one long overdue, imo.

Parents are to be commended for the supportive manner that allows these Marchers to have their summer dreams fulfilled. Strip away the scores and the placements, and the real essence of Drum Corp participation is its lifelong wonderful memories, and the valuable lifelong beneficial skills that all these Marchers receive, irrespective of what Corps they march in. Parents deserve a HUGE public recognition and a public thank you, and I'm glad this forum and this thread allows such gratitude to be extended to these supportive parents.

Here here!

• Like 1

I was really lucky in that my parents fully supported my drum corps career for six years. I had to fly to Chicago multiple times during the camp season every year. They also paid for member fees and summer expenses. I can't thank them enough for everything they did for me. Forever grateful.

I'm sure your parents felt, as did I, that the cost was a wonderful investment in the formation of your character.

• Like 1

I'm sure your parents felt, as did I, that the cost was a wonderful investment in the formation of your character.

Exactly!!!

I do not have any children, but I can say that without the support of the parents, there is no way those of us who have participated in this activity would have been able to do so.

Thank you parents for your continued support and sacrifice in order to keep this activity going for future generations.

• Like 1