DCI Eastern Classic - Friday Aug 5 2016

Bravo! Can't wait for the Massillon show. Only bummer is the early flight from Cali, 6am.😫 🛫

I don't mind mic'ed soloists... But for Bloo this year it feels like the soloists hold back and go for the more relaxed and balanced sound rather than exerting themselves, since they're mic'ed. It's too polite. I wanna feel like the veins in the soloists' foreheads are gonna burst, not like they're holding back.

I actually really like the relaxed sound. It sounds to me like they aren't just adding screamers for the sake of adding screamers, but rather they are using another octave to paint a soundscape with

• Like 1

Bluecoats - Just pure 100% drum corps with power playing, screaming soloists all over the place and a drum line that is absolutely the best.

Add to that action all over the field non-stop and you've got a drum corps show for the ages!

Edited by wvu80

Oh Wow ... Bluecoats show is mesmerizing! Very different. Percussion is outstanding. Brass great -- still has to work to do on the "ballad". Overall .. I don't see how anyone tops them in GE. And the ending with the ramp effects, with the final slide by the guard with the "strum". Just unreal. As a BD homer, I wouldn't be upset at all if Bloo won next Saturday. I do think BD will have something to say about this though.... >:)

Good run, battery sounded a little uncharacteristically chunky at times, but the GE numbers should keep them on top of BD. Their staff knows how to address what needed to be addressed early season, since every change since June has been a marked improvement (which is not always the case).

I see there is an awards ceremony at 10:21. I thought Fri night results were withheld until after the Sat DCI East?

I guess not.

I have a sad about not seeing Bloo live this year now.