DCI Eastern Classic - Friday Aug 5 2016

This makes sense. The 'not touring yet' bit probably works with parents that aren't sold on letting their kids romp around the country like that. They get in and see the benefits of what their kid learns in all aspects of the activity then, "Mom, dad, I want to go for a touring corps next year."

Cadets2 serves as both a feeder corps for the younger members and an alumni corps for the older.....Put them together and you have a nasty (good nasty) DCA corps.

• Like 2

. Cadets2 is doing good things. They're babies. They have practically a month left to clean their product. I'm a little defensive about them so I apologize.

Oh it's not meant to be a criticism. I enjoyed the show a lot and it's clear they're getting a good experience! I was just unclear on the differences of how Cadets approach the feeder corps thing v. what I'm used to seeing with the California corps.

• Like 1

Not counting combined Allentown scores, this is the first time BD has been beaten at all 3 major regionals since 2005.

(Am I the only one who thinks Dance Derby was... kinda fun)

The Academy, though... Daaaaaaaaaaaang, they want that Finals spot.

• Like 7

another happy night for Blou Lou's mom. See well all.

• Like 1

@CorpsScores: Allentown PA #dci

Bluecoats-94.625

BD-94.275

BK-88.65

Acad-85.55

Scouts-84.15

Troop-81.825

Colts-79.9

Spirit-75.25

Cascades-72.55

Pio-66.425

Cadets2 serves as both a feeder corps for the younger members and an alumni corps for the older.....Put them together and you have a nasty (good nasty) DCA corps.

this also has its advantages I imagine too. The younger ones developing as feeder members are getting the experience, wisdom, and leadership of recent age outs. I'm sure it raises their preparation significantly.
  • Like 2

Oh it's not meant to be a criticism. I enjoyed the show a lot and it's clear they're getting a good experience! I was just unclear on the differences of how Cadets approach the feeder corps thing v. what I'm used to seeing with the California corps.

. I absolutely love that these kids can get a quality experience, play on excellent equipment, and present a great product doing weekend drum corps. Like I did in the old days. Only miles better! :-D