DCI Eastern Classic - Friday Aug 5 2016

Anyone have the reason the recaps are not available--I mean the recaps they have shown all season. Are they waiting until Saturday to post them all. I would like to see who won visual etc.

Just a guess. It's a 2-day show, same panel (I believe). I would expect that limited recaps will be made available after tonight's show.

• Like 2

Except for 1981, '83, '85, '88, '95... well, you get the idea. They've gone into Finals week undefeated several times and by Saturday night they're looking up at the top of the podium. Now, the last 5-8 years they've been Secretariat down the stretch, especially last year. I thought Crown had it locked up and BD put the pressure on them and they stormed into first.

Good point. Cadets have also been known as strong finishers since they got their great run started in the early '80s. See 1990, '92, etc.

The '88 thing... saw BD at DCI East and thought they were a stone lock for the title. Shows you how much... or how little... I know. LOL.

very well stated and i agree 100%

Same here. I'm partial to BD... but 'Coats and Crown also have the goods this year.

And the corps in the next several tiers ain't too shabby, either. LOL. Great year for DCI.

Even earlier...a good piece of thee Cadets drumline moved over to the Cabs after the 71 season when Garfield let George Tuthill go. Most were 18/19 years old.

It was interesting that when I joined Sunrisers, there were several members around my age who had been with Sun for three or four years. Teenagers who were DCA veterans.

Man... we took some heat from some of our competitors, who nicknamed us "Kids and Girls" and/or "Milk And Cookies Corps."

All I know is... we were eating first-place cookies and drinking first-place milk on DCA Championship weekend a few times!!! :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

Can't wait to see it on DCI Live NEXT SATURDAY !!!

Be Careful. Academy's closer live could rip your heart out. Sooo good.

• Like 1

The recap you have requested is not available. Please check back later.

In mid-March? Or, are they lost?

Which makes it that much sweeter if they can pull out the win next Saturday.

hoping and praying that doesn't happen as I would love a Bloooooo victory. So close and will be an exciting night for sure.

hoping and praying that doesn't happen as I would love a Bloooooo victory. So close and will be an exciting night for sure.

Well i want a BD victory. BUT............Blooooo is amazing this year and i respect them so much. If Bloooooo win's i will congratulate my Devils on where they place and i will be giving Blooooo a standing O. Same with Crown if they win.