Geneseo Marching Band Tribute to Knights Drum & Bugle Corps

• 4 weeks later...

So, Thunder, looks like you were writing in 82 and 83. What was the behind the scenes among the press as to what was happening to the Knights thise two summers?

So, Thunder, looks like you were writing in 82 and 83. What was the behind the scenes among the press as to what was happening to the Knights thise two summers?

Still to this day I consider the "shafting" of the Knights (especially in 83) to be amongst the biggest travesties in DCI history. When you look at where they stood at Whitewater, and the corps they beat along the way.....and then look at what happened at DCI.......WOW!

• 1 month later...

Yes, we got shafted in 1983. That was my rookie season so I can't speak for what happened in 82, but the rumor finger has always pointed to wanting to personally punish some staffers. 83 was not quite the same, but there were politics going on with other corps, and we were left out because we were expendable. We hadn't been a finalist so it wasn't too jaw-dropping when we didn't make it. That said, and even though we didn't improve as much as we should have on 2nd tour, I will say to my dying day that we should have finished 9th at least. Bcs some of the corps that made it in that year were absolutely terrible.