DCI Eastern Classic - Saturday Aug. 6, 2016

I honestly would. It's unfortunate that some talented members will miss finals, but what would you rather do? Just make judgement calls on whether or not allow more? Do we extend the cutoff past Troopers and Colts? Why not, if we extending the line.

Look, you either believe in a cutoff line or not. If you don't believe in it, then we wouldn't even need a competition. You could hold a 3 day celebration where all corps perform all 3 days. If you do believe in a cutoff line, then you have to understand that wherever a line is placed, groups will be left out that are closely competitive with the rest.

I understand the emotional argument that is driving this discussion, but respectfully, it's just that, an emotional argument.

• Like 1

Tell that to a member and corps that's been pushing it all season long.

As are all the other corps. If the design is not up to snuff or other corps are cleaning at a more efficient pace than another, that's on them.

I hate this everyone gets a medal attitude. Finals loses its value if we start letting in everyone. This is a competition, not making finals is tough, but that's how competitions work. Either way, I doubt the sole reason people march is to get to finals. Just because you don't make it to Saturday night does not mean the whole season is minimized or worthless.

• Like 1

Tell that to a member and corps that's been pushing it all season long.

Tell them they should not have pussed out in breathing block back in June!

As are all the other corps. If the design is not up to snuff or other corps are cleaning at a more efficient pace than another, that's on them.

I hate this everyone gets a medal attitude. Finals loses its value if we start letting in everyone. This is a competition, not making finals is tough, but that's how competitions work. Either way, I doubt the sole reason people march is to get to finals. Just because you don't make it to Saturday night does not mean the whole season is minimized or worthless.

Couldn't agree more! I never marched in DCI, but I went to grand nationals with my high school band twice, we were nothing too fancy but we were good enough to make semi finals and I remember how bad it stung whenever we weren't in the top 35, It hurts a lot to not be where you want to be, but if they would've just handed us a place in semi's, it wouldn't hold the same value as it does...I know it's not a great comparison, but it's what I think of at least lol

It would be like if in College Football they expanded the playoffs and allowed 8-10 teams the opportunity to play for the national championship instead of the top 4