Distracting Drones

Please STOP the annoying drones. The buzz was terribly distracting during the first night in Allentown, ruining my audience engagement, especially during Academy's wonderful Drum Corpse music.

• Like 1

They were buzzing like bees last. I'm glad I wasn't the only one annoyed by them.

Gone are the days of having a congratulatory banner pulled behind a low flying plane to today where DCI has an official partner who makes drones. At least that's what Dan Potter said during the DCI Live broadcast in Allentown on Friday night.

Gone are the days of having a congratulatory banner pulled behind a low flying plane to today where DCI has an official partner who makes drones. At least that's what Dan Potter said during the DCI Live broadcast in Allentown on Friday night.

Bringing its automated good wishes to one of Crossmen's synthesizers, Mellisynth.

Hmmmm ... that might be one way to get the judges off the field and still let them have a close look at the action -- would have to add sensitive mics.

I've heard back in the tic days, MMs would attempt to "take out" field judges because while the judge was recovering, he/she would miss tics.

In the drone era, it'd be up to the guard to tag the judge's drone with a rifle or saber. LOL!

Hmmmm ... that might be one way to get the judges off the field and still let them have a close look at the action -- would have to add sensitive mics.

I've heard back in the tic days, MMs would attempt to "take out" field judges because while the judge was recovering, he/she would miss tics.

In the drone era, it'd be up to the guard to tag the judge's drone with a rifle or saber. LOL!

That might be fun to see.

I just assumed that Skynet likes drum corps and hopes to control it in the future.

• Like 2