Distracting Drones

is a random person legally allowed to fly a drone over a stadium full of people?

I heard buzzing on Friday, and saw the drone launching multiple times on Saturday... very annoying.

I think this is being done by DCI itself for their social media sites.

Has DCI gotten waivers from competing corps to fly drones over them? We are in the days of social media saturation, and now drones. We are also living in a litigious world as well (liability and litigation and such). There was a skiier, in a World Cup slalom race this past winter who was nearly hit by a crashing drone. The drone was huge, he was moving fast. He could have been killed or seriously hurt. What knuckleheads think this is a good idea and more so, what knuckleheads signed off on it. IMO the buzzing is the least concern for me. My vote is to stop the drones. The risk and any benefit derived from them is not worth it.

Cavies need to take advantage of this by having "Skynet" with a large arrow pointing up ready as a back up so if there's a drone flying over during the closer, they can run with that under the drone.

• Like 3

My wife and I were in the upper stands in Allentown of Friday night.

The drones were annoying.

We were told they were the corps.

No matter whose they are, one comes down, everyone gets sued.

Saturday night we only saw one drone.That one was launched from the end zone area.No noise, just lights.

Edited by rpbobcat

a few years ago one was flown during the Dekalb show but it was kept on the opposite side of the field and plenty high it didn't interfere with anyone.. and actually they used the footage to create a cool video showing off the show. So if done correctly, I love the view points and creativity a drove can create to film things.

Edited by Highwaydude

and actually they used the footage to create a cool video showing off the show. So if done correctly, I love the view points and creativity a drove can create to film things.

Was it last year DCI had an A-Town drone video showing corps warming up, the crowd, corps competing, etc.?

Was it last year DCI had an A-Town drone video showing corps warming up, the crowd, corps competing, etc.?

the one I saw was from Dekalb Illinois and I believe Phantom Regiment created the video.. I'll see if i can find it on youtube.