Tour of Champions Massillon, Ohio 8/8/16

Any idea on how early parking will be open? Taking a half day at work to make the trek up from Central Ohio and hoping to catch some lot action!

You can find ample parking at the park anytime you want. It's where I prefer to be. Drive through it a couple of times to get your bearings since you are going so early to get a feel for where the stadium is and where the main exit roads are.

The rec area has covered concrete pads and picnic benches and there is a brick bathroom facility with running water, if it's open. It was closed last year for repair.

I doubt any of the corps would warm up in the park that early, but when they do, which is closer to game time, you can find mulitiple hornlines and drumlines all over the place where you are parking.

Bluecoats' alumni corps rehearses there as well just before they go into the stadium for pre-game. There is a small cadre of maybe 35 horns and drums wearing Bluecoats football-type jersey's, but they play their classics and put on a nice little mini-concert.

Does anyone know when/where the small ensembles will be performing? Also, will anyone be rehearsing at Paul Brown Tiger Stadium tomorrow?

Does anyone know when/where the small ensembles will be performing? Also, will anyone be rehearsing at Paul Brown Tiger Stadium tomorrow?

I have never seen any corps rehearsing at the stadium the day of a show. Brass and percussion have warm-ups in the park fairly near the stadium as well.

The small ensembles play on the walkway, directly in front of the ticket window which is on the pressbox side.

• Like 1

I have never seen any corps rehearsing at the stadium the day of a show. Brass and percussion have warm-ups in the park fairly near the stadium as well.

The small ensembles play on the walkway, directly in front of the ticket window which is on the pressbox side.

Thank you. Oh, and the Bluecoats rehearsed at the show site for Akron the last two years so I was just wondering.

Thank you. Oh, and the Bluecoats rehearsed at the show site for Akron the last two years so I was just wondering.

No problem. And for the record, I haven't SEEN any corps practice there the day of the show. It would not surprise anybody if Bluecoats practiced there being their home show, so you might want to check the corps' schedules or Facebook pages for practice sites.

I've been to the Akron shows. They have been GREAT shows in a wonderful stadium.

Looking to be a fabulous night for drum corps:

massillon_zpsed4ndesc.jpg

• Like 2

None of the corps will be at the stadium during the day. Bluecoats were in there all day for the June show. I think the Massillon HS football team had it today...and it is that time of year and their stadium.

Wear white! Cheer for ALL! Go nuts and throw babies for Bloooo!!!

• Like 1

So all the the west corps will go up by 2.000 tonight

Not sure if there is already a thread but I didn't see one. Also if I started this too early I'm sorry but I'm so flipping excited for this show! I'll be at the show and try to give my thoughts in between shows about how each corps did. I'm right on the 50 yard line with 5 other newbies to DCI so it doesn't get much better than that! Here's the lineup:

7:30 p.m. Welcome & National Anthem

7:40 p.m. The Cavaliers

7:57 p.m. Blue Knights

8:14 p.m. Phantom Regiment

8:31 p.m. Madison Scouts

8:48 p.m. Intermission

9:18 p.m. The Cadets

9:35 p.m. Carolina Crown

9:52 p.m. Santa Clara Vanguard

10:09 p.m. Bluecoats

Also for you homers out there don't forget it's a "white-out" so wear white!

JUdge pnl

If I remember correctly I'm in section 4 seat M - 4. I'll know for sure when I pick up my ticket in a few hours. Can't wait for the show to start!

Edited by DasTuba