Indy "Logistics, Food, Meet-Up, Travel, General Advice" Thread

Does anyone know about parking around Military Park (warm up area)? Or, has anyone had experience riding the shuttle bus to & from Lucas Oil Stadium. (Looks like It's only about a mile walk. Is it safe after dark?) I'm thinking about visiting the warm up lot. I've been to the championships in Indy for several years now, but have never visited the lot. Thank you for your opinions & advise!

Shuttle is reliable, quick and has A/C!

A relatively safe walk in the dark. That whole Canal area is a touristy draw so not a problem.

I have parked in the lot across NY Street (north of the park) in the middle of warmups. Part of IUPUI campus but it was open. But that was 5 or 6 years ago.

Watching the Olympics -- oh, how I miss vuvuzelas!

Not!

Don't worry. After the brass staffs tire of the t-bones (gee, almost everyone has what we thought would be unique and different,) they'll be back.

Crown and BD are already practicing triple tonguing on their's.

• Like 2

Heading to Indy on Thursday, I have tickets in hand for Friday and Saturday. But, I just might make it to Indy in time to see a few prelim performances. Does anyone know if I can purchase seats at the Lucas Oil for a late Thursday arrival? Otherwise, I will try my luck on the ticket sites. Thanks for your help!

Heading to Indy on Thursday, I have tickets in hand for Friday and Saturday. But, I just might make it to Indy in time to see a few prelim performances. Does anyone know if I can purchase seats at the Lucas Oil for a late Thursday arrival? Otherwise, I will try my luck on the ticket sites. Thanks for your help!

You can purchase tickets at the stadium.

Does anyone know the schedule for the Drumline Battle on Saturday? Start time???

Does anyone know the schedule for the Drumline Battle on Saturday? Start time???

Better yet, plans for inclement weather.

Good point!! I looked on the Durmline Battle website and couldn't find any information. If someone would know where else to direct me, I would appreciate it. I am not on Facebook so can't look them up on Facebook.

Better yet, plans for inclement weather.

Good point!! I looked on the drumline battle website and could not find anything. I am not on Facebook so I can't look them up on there. If someone could direct me to a place online to find information it would be greatly appreciated.

Per the facebook, they are taking it indoors. Starts at 11.

We'll be indoors Saturday and won't let the threat of rain get in the way of a great event. See you in downtown Indy 11-3 pm tomorrow!

Edited by mingusmonk

Per the facebook, they are taking it indoors. Starts at 11.

Where indoors?