Indy "Logistics, Food, Meet-Up, Travel, General Advice" Thread

But this year, We are staying in Carmel, and will be going to Bub's Burgers. And checking out Crown Hill Cemetery to see the headstones of Benjamin Harrison, John Dillinger, and I am determined to find the "non-existent" Kurt Vonnegut gravesite (Vonnegut always said he would not be "captured" by Crown Hill like the rest of his family, but I don't buy it).

While spending finals week with Boston last year, I learned that Carmel (high income area) created about 70+ rotary's over several years. Guess the bankers, lawyers, pro athletes, finance folks were tired of constantly stopping at stop signs.

If you're not going to check out your favorite corps final rehearsal day then the State Fair is a great way to spend a few hours. It's huge, there's tons of animals to see, cool exhibits, a big midway and tons of food that is horrible for you but delicious.

If you're not going to check out your favorite corps final rehearsal day then the State Fair is a great way to spend a few hours. It's huge, there's tons of animals to see, cool exhibits, a big midway and tons of food that is horrible for you but delicious.

That's where I'll be.

Seems like a thread like this pops up every year for Indy. I have a one-word answer when it comes to food:

SHAPIROS!

And bring your appetite! This is the best deli I've ever enjoyed, and is our "meet-up" place when we hit Indy each year.

Just south of the stadium, 10 minutes away.

Hi all,

Any advice for someone totally on their own? My friend may have to cancel, and so I'll be flying solo all three days/shows.

Randomly go up to people to make new friends?

Chris

This will be the first time we stay outside of the downtown area. What are the best places to park for Lucas Oil access?

Your best bet is to find private parking about 2 blocks or so from the stadium. You can usually find parking for $5-10 fairly close.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Any advice for someone totally on their own? My friend may have to cancel, and so I'll be flying solo all three days/shows.

Randomly go up to people to make new friends?

Chris

Well, that might work!

When do you arrive?

Do you have hotel arrangements made? Where, downtown?

Do you have a ticket to sell? Might make a friend of that person; that's easy.

Where are you sitting?

Nice thing about this activity is that we're all there for the same thing so you naturally have something to talk about with everyone you see. Be enthusiastic and outgoing and I think you'll find mostly welcoming responses.

(If you care to PM your answers that's fine. Maybe you'll be close enough that you can hang with us [me, a couple of 30-year olds, and a couple of teenagers]).

A fantastic non-profit called Jonnie's Goodguys is starting a first come, first serve and BYO tailgate fundraiser all 3 days right across from the Stadium.

Details on Facebook Event ... https://www.facebook.com/events/148311675568465/

Hi All!
Jonnie's Goodguys has partnered with Mike Stone with BMS Planning, LLC to have a tailgate event across from Lucas Oil Stadium! Come celebrate with your friends and drum corps family! This is open to all, not just Star Alumni, spread the word!

We will be accepting donations to cover tailgaiting costs. You are also welcome to BYOB!
Your donations will cover costs for the space and tents, any additional money rasied will go to Jonnie's Goodguys.This will allow us to continue to provide heart scans to those in need and advocate for heart health.

Location - Jobsite Supply parking lot
500 S. Missouri Street (Missouri & Merrill Streets)
Across from the west entrance where corps enter Lucas Oil Stadium.
Look for the Jonnie's Goodguys and BMS Planning, LLC logos!

Hours:
Thursday Prelims: 5pm - until ?
Friday Semis: 5pm - until ?
Sat Finals 2pm - until ?

Tailgate:
Adult beverages, soda, and water, while supplies last!
Or
BYOB!

There will be tents, cocktail tables, limited seating, music, & cornhole. Feel free to bring your own chairs as well!

Come join us - there will be no saxophone posters here!

Edited by mingusmonk

That tailgate looks great.

Q - does anyone know if Lucas Oil stadium has a room to check luggage (for people arriving right from the airport on Thursday)? I doubt it, but just thought I'd ask.

Q - Is DCI doing the 5K race again this year?