Indy "Logistics, Food, Meet-Up, Travel, General Advice" Thread

That tailgate looks great.

Q - does anyone know if Lucas Oil stadium has a room to check luggage (for people arriving right from the airport on Thursday)? I doubt it, but just thought I'd ask.

Q - Is DCI doing the 5K race again this year?

They are. http://streetbeat5k.com/

Jonnie's Goodguys happens to be a Street Beat 5K sponsor as well!

Query: What is the average ambient temperature inside Lucas Oil during the events?

Last year during Crown's show, it got pretty hot.

(Sorry -- couldn't resist.)

I've always found it comfortable in tour T-shirt and shorts.

T-shirt and shorts. Very comfortable.

• Like 1

Not a hassle at all. No lines. No bottle necks near entry doors.

Just be in your seat before the start of the next performance, because people held in hallway will experience a bottle neck trying to scramble to their rows in between performances...but only for semis and finals. Prelims isn't as busy/crowded.

• Like 1

Query: What is the average ambient temperature inside Lucas Oil during the events?

We were in section 443 for quarterfinals last year, and nearly froze in shorts/short sleeve shirts. We were directly under an air vent, though. This year, for finals, we're in 141 and very close to the field. I plan on taking a pullover just in case.

Just so I know going in, what is stadium reentry like?

It's just like the first time.

(Sorry, seems "couldn't resist" is common in this thread.

Actually, I can't remember a time in 6 years where I left the stadium during the show but, so long as you have your ticket stub and hand stamp, you won't have any problems. I've seen many streaming in and out headed toward the Holiday Inn across the street...

• Like 1

Actually, I can't remember a time in 6 years where I left the stadium during the show but, so long as you have your ticket stub and hand stamp, you won't have any problems. I've seen many streaming in and out headed toward the Holiday Inn across the street...

Entry and reentry are pretty easy if you can snag a staff or vol badge/wristband. Separate door on bus parking side with no wait.

Of all the major sports venues used for drum corps, LOS is easily at the top when it comes to friendliness and a general relaxing of the rules they use for the NFL. However, it's probably only a matter of time where that, too, will change. But, if this year is like past years, they're really good about re-entry. Just hide your drink cups if you're coming back from lunch.

Just be sure to leave your vuvuzela in the car!

• Like 1