Open Class World Championship Prelims - 8/8/16

I am so disappointed right now. You wouldn't even guess this #### thing is going on today outside of the posting for the schedule on their site from this weekend. Pretty unbelievable.

I've been trying so hard to get into Open Class the past few years, and it's pretty hard when they don't post a #### thing about it.

Imagine how parents / families of some these young people feel. Pay thousands in tuition to send your young people down the road all summer in an open class group. Even at championships they get no telecast, no blog, no photos, no audio recordings or video recordings. If they don't make world class semis it's as if they never existed. Is it any wonder that the OC corps get frustrated that WC won't allow them to move up? #growdrumcorps

• Like 5

I agree. I would lo see more coverage. Shows are great and these kids have drive and intensity.

I'm going to do it, and I'd suggest too, to email DCI about it.

Be classy, respectful, and offer suggestions about it while being angry. Just a bunch of emails #####ing at them won't do anything. It's pretty depressing.

DCI twitter is posting some stuff though.

Small bump I think for Impulse, good jump for LS and colt cadets But a large 4+ drop for Raiders....

Edited by WaxDCIFan
  • Like 1