Open Class World Championship Prelims - 8/8/16

Last year, the 12th-place score in Prelims was 60.225; this year it is 65.700.

But the 1st-place Prelims score last year was 80.225 as opposed to 79.363 this year.

The spread has tightened.

This is what I like to see. The bottom putting strain on the top, without the top getting any worse. Makes for good entertainment.

The cost of LOS does not warrant the return. Michigan City is sort of the prefect size for OC. The stands are full and it's a fantastic venue for drum corps. LOS would make the 3000 that show up for OC Finals look like no one. I think the corps sound better there than in LOS

I agree with what you say, I might add that having a separate venue for Open Class finals gives integrity to the contest. However I am glad everyone gets to compete at Lucas Oil Stadium in prelims. In the past I have enjoyed watching everyone from Blue Saints to Blue Devils. I liked the ring of that, but this year it will be Les Stentors to Bluecoats.

I think that's a sweet deal that everyone gets a shot on Thursday. One of my favorite memories of marching div2/3 was making it into quarter finals and playing the extra day for a new audience

I went to Ames field for prelims/finals in 2011 & 2012. It is a great venue and the town is super friendly. There is also a state park nearby where you can lounge on the sandy shore of Lake Michigan. One of the years we were there, the waves were so big you could body surf.