Rule Proposal- Best Show/Best Uniform awards

Galen

Proposal: Create awards for "Best Show Concept" and "Best Uniform", to be voted on by directors.

Rationale: Lately, participating in DCPI has felt like a somewhat passive exercise of entering captions and just watching scores come in, with the occasional adjustment in scores as the season goes on. Creating these awards would encourage directors to be more active with their corps by rewarding them for creativity off the field as well as good numbers management on the field. We've had some extremely creative directors in the past who have created some really good show descriptions and custom uniform images- that creativity should be rewarded.

Process: Directors would submit their proposals in the forums and directors would vote for their favorites, perhaps with the midpoint of the season being the cut-off point for submissions. Most votes in each category wins.

Submitted by: Matt Briddell- Kosmos

This isn't something that would be a lot of work, so I think we can just add this without further voting on it.

Since I (more than likely) WILL NOT remember to do this, if someone else wants to take the reins, go right ahead. I would suggest starting Show Concept and Uniform threads at the start of each season to keep all the resources in the same place.

Great idea, I'm also one guilty of being much less active then I the past aND this could help. Heck I forgot to even put my show out which I DID actually develop, just didn't post.