Hard Corps update?

I'm looking forward to it. And NOBODY is putting a gun to my head. If people have issues with a reality show based on Drum corp then so be it. "It will attract the wrong people" HUH???

Edited by afd

(Moderators: Is there any way to change the title of this thread to the current title Clash of the Corps? Or should we start a new thread with that title?)

TVLine has a new promo for the show that includes actual footage and a few interviews:

I am amused by their headline:

Clash of the Corps Reality Series: Perfect Duet of Marching Band and Half-Naked Pretty People?

Here's the article:

http://tvline.com/2016/08/29/clash-of-the-corps-marchig-band-reality-show-video-photo/

• Like 1

(Moderators: Is there any way to change the title of this thread to the current title Clash of the Corps? Or should we start a new thread with that title?)

TVLine has a new promo for the show that includes actual footage and a few interviews:

I am amused by their headline:

Clash of the Corps Reality Series: Perfect Duet of Marching Band and Half-Naked Pretty People?

Here's the article:

http://tvline.com/2016/08/29/clash-of-the-corps-marchig-band-reality-show-video-photo/

LMAO!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I think it's going to be a lot of fun, even if all you do is look for "unrealities" in it.

I'm very, very curious how they approach it. Even if they do it in the most ridiculous way possible, it should be fun in its absurdity.

Of course, what one considers "positive" is up for debate. Drum corps being seen as sexy isn't a negative in my book.

(Personal note: I was once at a college football game and the "hipper than thou" crowd around me couldn't get enough of making fun of the bands at halftime and asking "why would anyone want to do something so uncool".)

Edited by barigirl78
  • Like 1

Here's a blog by the photographer who took the "key art" photos:

http://www.barryjholmes.com/blog/clashofthecorps

"Monday morning I wake up to a notice that Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson has tweeted my shot for the show his company is producing. Up until now I was instructed to stay dark with the images from our shoot for Fuse Television. Now I can share a fun shoot we captured at Quixote studio's last month while the promo was being filmed. I have to say I didn't know much of anything about drum corp. I learn't there's a stark difference between Drum Corp and Marching bands. The team at hand gave me a quick lessons in the differences.

I've noticed in a few social streams, Drum corp isn't all drumsticks and gloves. Well, we have more images to come and like most show's key art, it's an illustrative image which captures a small amount of the energy needed to be part of the hard work Drum Corp grooving musicians have to work on. More images to be released soon. "

"Always nice to find mega people like Dwayne The Rock Johnson Tweeting and posting the pics we've shot for Fuse and Seven Bucks Productions. Great day with a bunch of talented crew, Brian Raux featured in this image giving hours of roars. #ClashOfTheCorps."

Does anyone know if Brian Raux is a member of a corps or just a model? (Google reveals a model by that name)

Edited by barigirl78

"Monday morning I wake up to a notice that Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson has tweeted my shot for the show his company is producing. Up until now I was instructed to stay dark with the images from our shoot for Fuse Television. Now I can share a fun shoot we captured at Quixote studio's last month while the promo was being filmed. I have to say I didn't know much of anything about drum corp. I learn't there's a stark difference between Drum Corp and Marching bands. The team at hand gave me a quick lessons in the differences.

I've noticed in a few social streams, Drum corp isn't all drumsticks and gloves. Well, we have more images to come and like most show's key art, it's an illustrative image which captures a small amount of the energy needed to be part of the hard work Drum Corp grooving musicians have to work on. More images to be released soon. "

Did BAC buy that too?

• Like 3

"Always nice to find mega people like Dwayne The Rock Johnson Tweeting and posting the pics we've shot for Fuse and Seven Bucks Productions. Great day with a bunch of talented crew, Brian Raux featured in this image giving hours of roars. #ClashOfTheCorps."

Does anyone know if Brian Raux is a member of a corps or just a model? (Google reveals a model by that name)

<rant>

It's "drum corps" NOT "drum corp"...whether singular or plural...LOL

</rant>