The Bloo Effect: UNIFORMS

Bloo Effect  

144 members have voted

1. 1. If the Bluecoats win the 2016 DCI Final, how many other top 12 corps will start using WGI uniforms for the corps proper?

• 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6
    • 7+
  2. 2. If the Bluecoats win 2nd or 3rd at the 2016 DCI Final, how many other top 12 corps will start using WGI uniforms for the corps proper?

• 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6
    • 7+
  3. 3. Predict the DCI season where WGI uniforms for the corps proper will be what the majority of corps use.

• 2021+

Despite new Uni trends. I sincerrely hope THE ACADEMY maintains their current classy Tux & tails unis. I particulary love the way they have incorportate the same style in dressing up their guard IMHO:. If ever a uniform perfectly fit a Corps show designs and image, it's The Academy's.

• Like 1

Naw, the reason Bloo went this direction is to be different and to accommodate the slides. When everyone is doing it they don't be different.

Soon, they'll be wearing 4 foot plumes.

I respectfully disagree. Listening to Marching Roundtable, Jon Vanderkloff stated Bluecoats wanted to do this for a couple of years now. They decided that now was the time to go all in. I doubt seriously they are looking to go back to traditional uniforms, win, lose or draw. He also mentioned other corps congratulated him on the bold choice. I predict we will see more costuming from corps in the near future regardless of Bloo's final placement. Edited by Jurassic Lancer

Let me go on record to say that since 2010, BD's uniforms have become less and less "bad ###" and more flash and guard-like! Beautiful, colorful, whimsical, bright and with great visual impact for sure...... But there was a definite macho flavor to BD, Bluecoats, PR/Cadets (perhaps a bit less due to the prominent white so often), BAC and Troopers (before they went so spandexy)....I'm probably missing someone. But I just loved the understated quality where the musicians sort of said, "that's right....we're here for the music MF's... and we're gonna blow your mind and a portion of your face into the cheap seats....the dancers over yonder... they'll be adding the bright visual impact stuff in contrast to our platoon operations over here...so strap in and hold on to the kids!" I know, I know....definite Dino! But when you saw those guys coming from the stadium all dark and post-black ops-like....you just moved out the way naturally because well...they demanded it!

Let me go on record to say that since 2010, BD's uniforms have become less and less "bad ###" and more flash and guard-like! Beautiful, colorful, whimsical, bright and with great visual impact for sure...... But there was a definite macho flavor to BD, Bluecoats, PR/Cadets (perhaps a bit less due to the prominent white so often), BAC and Troopers (before they went so spandexy)....I'm probably missing someone. But I just loved the understated quality where the musicians sort of said, "that's right....we're here for the music MF's... and we're gonna blow your mind and a portion of your face into the cheap seats....the dancers over yonder... they'll be adding the bright visual impact stuff in contrast to our platoon operations over here...so strap in and hold on to the kids!" I know, I know....definite Dino! But when you saw those guys coming from the stadium all maroon and gold....you just moved out the way naturally because well...they demanded it!

Hmmm, that's the way I felt about Cadets lol...

• Like 1

I don't think anyone but Bloo will be playing in WGI jumpers next year.

Don't be surprised if Bloo changes again next year to something fairly different than what we saw this season.