DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP PRELIMS - 8/11/16

Drumline up front, really moving an playing during this feature.

I predict a low ensemble vis. Score for Genesis simply because of the ambitious and exposed nature of their drill. It's a challenge, but not unentertaining.

Mellophones playing the Uninvited melody as the rest of the corps plays backfield.

Pass through move with two triangles at high velocity.

You know, you COULD try dating other guys...

• Like 1

Performing their show, "Die-ah dee los ma-dra-toos", Drum Corps International is proud to present....

Jesus, that was a butchering for the ages : )

Ah, I hadn't seen this post when I grumbled about "Les Stentors" and "Buena Vista". Sorry to pile on.

(Some people complain about B.C.'s growl; not me, I love it. But someone needs to give him the names with phonenic spellings.)

• Like 1

Great arrangement of My Heart is Broken, definitely a different take compared to the original hard rock version.

Nice light feel from the horns during that section, bookended by some silent drill. Great arrangement which really showcases the skill level of the musicians.

I've seriously gotta start paying more attention to open class all season. Genesis has become one of my favorite corps over the last few years. I wish DCI would live stream OC finals at least

• Like 2

Horns on their knees, leaning back and letting loose on the volume. Crowd likes.