DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP PRELIMS - 8/11/16

Using a cheap camera, I only had one worth sharing from Tuesday, so I'll post it here:

DSCN1494_zpsmljrpfqt.jpg

thanks so much!

Brutal show with some brutal drill to go along with it. VERY demanding and well-designed. Still has a lot of fuzz but if they retain vets and continue with this level of demand, I could see them drastically rising in the semifinals ranks.

Genesis.

13906743_10207869146821499_1440105946180

• Like 1

I know this has been said, but the quality of OC has stepped up so far, its going to be tough to many of WC to keep up at this rate.

I'll echo a previous poster though. The lower set of WC has improved as well. Pioneer and Jersey Surf may still get passed but they've put much better shows on this year as well.

Next on the field is Legends from Kalamazoo, Michigan. Their 2016 program is entitled "The Grid" and consists of:

Selections from Tron Legacy by Daft Punk

Selections from Paycheck by Powell, John

Selections from Eagle Eye by Tyler, Bryan

Virus Attack by Bhatia, Amin

NO one To kNOW one by Akiho, Andy

Wow, Genesis!!!! I really enjoyed last year's Phantom show, and it was a perfect example of a top-of-the-class Open show that was cleaned beautifully. While they're definitely less clean at this season's end, the corps has *CLEARLY* taken a large step towards World Class both with their expanded touring model this season and that beautiful design. What a step up from last year!!!! Such a layered music book that was composed beautifully, and terrific guard writing that was chockfull of small ensembles and independent work. Especially set against the backdrop of Spartans' design before them, that show read as one that would fit better with Scades & Crest, if it were as clean as it could be. It's been so fun to watch Genesis grow. This season was a tremendous step forward (I don't want to say up, because Phantom was great for where they were at last year). GREAT job, genesis!

• Like 1

Time to race in the grid. The horns are lying down, forming that grid to start the show.