DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP PRELIMS - 8/11/16

Oh that's a glorious way to do retreat. Did they march in like that or light them up when announced?

They turned them on once they were set in place and the DMs came to the center, I think.

People, if you're on Facebook, go to the Arby's page and check out the video they posted.

Somebody at Arby's is a DCI fan.

Kevingamin,

Thanks for the pic of SCVCs octet; my son is just above the "4".

Once I saw somebody on here had a member in the octet, I HAD to get a picture. :smile:

Just tuned back in. It looks like the World Class portion of the show has already started?

3:31 Eastern with Pioneer.

This might have been answered but are the prelims groups before the theater not available for free anymore? I tried to get into the stream and it told me I didn't have a subscription that allows it

Correct. You have to purchase the live stream for the Open Class and 16-22 World Class corps performing today.

I wonder why they don't factor the open class scores from Michigan City into performance groups like the World Class.

Because the level of performance is different from corps to corps. The point is to put open and world class head to head on a level playing-field, regardless of that individual corps' ability to capitalize on and, say, make finals. It's happened before with Magic of Orlando being the last one to do it in 200(?).

I was incredibly bored and thought Blue Devils B were so dull on Periscope Tuesday night.

Shows you not to trust periscope. lol

Holy crap.

Yeah, the audience loved it then. Right after they finished, the guy next to me said, "Well, we all know who won."

And there's Neil DeGrasse Tyson's voice.

Interesting that Minnesota Brass opened their show with the very same NDGT speech two years ago.

This show, I mean:

204_zpsa3721490.jpg

(You can't really tell from this photo, but the drums lit up, too. And they saved all their lighting effects for Finals, so everyone was completely surprised.)

Interesting that Minnesota Brass opened their show with the very same NDGT speech two years ago.

This show, I mean:

204_zpsa3721490.jpg

(You can't really tell from this photo, but the drums lit up, too. And they saved all their lighting effects for Finals, so everyone was completely surprised.)

The George Mason University indoor drumline used the same "most astounding fact" dialogue in their 2015 show.