DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP PRELIMS - 8/11/16

Pioneer's show has grown on me more with each time I've seen it. It's really a quality product. They put in so many nice little touches, and the corps has improved across the board. It also doesn't hurt that they have the best singer I've heard in DCI.

She got a perfect 100 in the Vocal I&E competition.

• Like 1

Incredibly bright future for Louisiana Stars!! Those contras were so powerful (as was the rest of the talented brass line).

I'm sure this has been discussed, but does anyone know the ties (if any, and I assume there are) to Lafayette High School's marching band? Group of alumni, same staff or directors, or even a non profit branch of the program? I see a lot of similarities in design and the arrangement of the music book and brass writing, and, obviously, they're both in the same community. How related are the two organizations?

We have a few students who are members of Lafayette High School. However, the real partnership is with The University of Louisiana-Lafayette. Staff comes from all over the state as well as Mississippi.

Pioneer.

13892059_10207869727356012_5678931708394

• Like 1

Next on the field is Jersey Surf from Camden County, New Jersey. Their 2016 program is entitled "Ebb & Flow" and consists of:

La Mer by Reznor,Trent

La Mer by Yozviak, Andrew

La Mer by Trenet, Charles; Augustin, George

Asteraw (from Zarkana) by Littleman, Nick

Guard is in alternating light and dark blue flowing outfits, very striking on the field.

Tight trumpet moment in the opening, shortly before the HUGE La Mer statement!