DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP PRELIMS - 8/11/16

"OK, we were wrong. She's not guilty.

Oh, wait, you already toasted her? Oh, well."

And it only took 25 years to correct that mistake.

Lone Star Percussion commercial spaz out time.

Nice touch -- PC Drum Majors at the 50 saluting the audience.

• Like 1

I came on to see if any scores have been released, but seems like they are holding them until the theater. I won't be watching tonight so I'll just check the scores later.

Would be nice to see Cascades get into Semis. I remember way back when they made Finals for the first time, and people were calling them "Giant killers". I wish that had never been said. I do hope they can claw their way back, but competition has been so fierce.

I think cascades are safe. Pioneer is probably done. Surf on the bubble.

Can't believe my prime seat in the 400s hasn't been taken yet.

Excellent job from Surf, much much cleaner than San Antonio when I was last able to catch them. Surf will be battling it out with Genesis & Spartans for the 24th, 25th, and 26th positions, with one man out, of course. I give the nod to Genesis (highly likely) & Surf (moderately likely). I'll understand the reasoning if Spartans make it in, but I would really like it to be Surf, not only for their sake, but I felt they had a better-put-together show, albeit more laid back and less energetic. Surf had some DELICIOUS power moments, but their greatness lied in little moments throughout the show, and I think those details are what will give them the edge over Spartans. It's not the most exciting drum corps show ever, but it REALLY came together nicely at the end of the season...so many beautiful blues and turquoises and whites, and the gorgeous sunset flags against the waves at the closer, and lots of great little moments of ebbing and flowing throughout.

Does anyone else feel as I do that lack of excitement is generally more applicable to lower-placing World Class corps than to higher-placing Open Class corps, and if so, what causes that? Is it that in trying to design a show that's difficult enough, corps lose sight of the aim of designing a show that's also interesting?

• Like 1

Maybe they mean the next intermission?

Does INT get three scores tonight? Maybe that's why they're waiting. Do you count INT's high score or average score? So many decisions!!!

Guys, I had to step away as my company contacted me with a client issue. I don't know what my plan is at this point, but I'll let you know once I do.