DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP PRELIMS - 8/11/16

Top 3: from my vantage point down low ... what to work on:

Crown: cleaner feet. Tiny bit of overplaying by brass. Guard could have been slightly cleaner

BD: I haven't heard the ballad mello solo work yet as they turn her around. Wireless technology may be failing here. Time for a different staging? That ballad is too stunning to continually have that shaky audio. Percussion has the hardest book. Execution is getting there ... Feet are CLEAN. Brass can get there to Ott award, but not quite there tonight. Almost ...

Bloo: the amplification is too much, at least down low. Turn down the electronics volume a tad (may be fine up high). A few brass stick outs during big ensemble moments. Keep cleaning feet.

All three were CRAZY good!

The fact that there is Bieber (and that I had to type that name while describing a show) is enough for an automatic 5 point deduction.

I don't understand what it is about BD that people don't get. Other than the god-awful Beiber bit (truly makes no sense and feels very unBlue Devily), it's probably my 2nd favorite show this year. I definitely like it better than INK.

• Like 3

Blue Stars 89.975

Phantom Regiment 90.6

Blue Knights 90.925

Cavaliers 93.213

Cadets 93.475

SCV 94.3

Crown 96.263

BD 96.6

Bluecoats 97.225

• Like 2

I've noticed crowds have this vibe that can't be manipulated, they collectively seems to support a top corps, and that support can be different each night.

For those of you live and in person, which corps was the crowd with?

Coats by a mile

• Like 1

I've noticed crowds have this vibe that can't be manipulated, they collectively seems to support a top corps, and that support can be different each night.

For those of you live and in person, which corps was the crowd with?

At the Dekalb region I got big vibes from BD, Bloo, and PR. A Meh vibe from Cavies. And a bad vibe from Cadets. (Vibes of crowd around me, not me)

• Like 1

This. Look, I think Bluecoats' book is great too, but apart from the ballad, Bloo's music book has fallen a bit flat for me as the season has progressed.

It's different strokes for different folks, but I genuinely do find BD's music book to be the most exciting this year l

I concur. Like I posted before:

That ballad...Dear Lord, that ballad.

• Like 1

Blue Stars 89.975

Phantom Regiment 90.6

Blue Knights 90.925

Cavaliers 93.213

Cadets 93.475

SCV 94.3

Crown 96.263

BD 96.6

Bluecoats 97.225

Sweet Green Jesus, Blue opened that gap.

• Like 2