DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP PRELIMS - 8/11/16

Agreed. It will be pretty ironic if, after all the talk midseason about the top three corps going back and forth all season if the results end up the way they've been most the season. Coats, Devils, Crown.

Can't believe BD isn't winning. I must be the only one on the planet that think Bloo has been

Overrated all season. A solid 3 in my eyes..

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 9

Can't believe BD isn't winning. I must be the only one on the planet that think Bloo has been

I actually agree with this.

• Like 6

I think the top 3 will remain as is tonight Friday & Saturday

I do think there could be movement in the next set of 3 - Cavaliers could move ahead of Cadets, Cadets could move ahead of SCV again - anything could happen with those 3 IMO

It was a great night of drum corps. I'm very excited that Coats have a great shot of taking it!!!

• Like 4

Full panel seems to benefit Academy.

I also want a FULL Recaps! Maybe for Finals we get one if we behave ourselves?

Don't hold your breath...probably won't be until sept or oct...

Edited by Liahona

I actually agree with this.

Ok two of us. And Cadets despite their slow start should be more than .2 over Cavies in music. Come on....
  • Like 3

Just got off the phone with a good friend who is on staff with one of the corps - Crown had some issues in Brass tonight, as did Bluecoats. SCV drums were on fire, Bluecoats feet were super dirty. Says the top three all looked tight tonight, and expects to see the scores get closer, especially with the upcoming panels. Feeling amongst some of the staff from various corps is this is anyone's race, and Finals night could be epic. Bluecoats still the odds on favorite.

Also, she mentioned the reverb is a little more evident for some reason tonight. Anyone experience this as well?

Edited by Newseditor44

Yeah you may not be the only one but you're in the minority. Bluecoats live was at a different level than BD or Crown.

• Like 6

Have you seen them live? They aren't overrated in the least. If anything I think the gap could grow. BD is seriously great also but tonight they were surprisingly dirty, especially guard. Both them and Cadets had rough runs, lots of drops, seemed tired, tangled flags

• Like 2

Was there tonight and Bluecoats were great--so happy for them--and agree with a few other posters that there were some issues with the top three--the Bluecoats flugelhorn solo had something go wrong on the ending of the ballad--but overall a great night