DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP PRELIMS - 8/11/16

Open Class and World Class are judged on the same sheets now, right? How did BDB open up a 4 point gap with SCVC? The gap was only 1 point on Tuesday. I didn't get to watch either performance of either corps, so I'm purely just curious.

I thought SCVC was too close to BDB on Tuesday, for what's it's worth.

Legends' score went down since OC finals. Is that something to worry about? (Holy cow @ BDB! 😳) Do they use the same scoring system or a different one now? Sorry for my rookie questions. Lol. Can someone school me? Please and thank you! 👍🏼

It is common for early scores to go down in Prelims vs. earlier results. At a glance, I'd say O.C. corps on average are faring better this year in that regard today than they did the previous two seasons. (Prior to that, they were judged on separate sheets, with top scores at O.C. Finals in the mid to upper 90s which plunged to the high 70s in W.C. Prelims.)

Can't believe BD isn't winning. I must be the only one on the planet that think Bloo has been

Overrated all season. A solid 3 in my eyes..

You are not alone in this thinking...

Go see how I have been hammered over the last few days for saying the same thing,

• Like 2

Weirdest and loudest audio samples goes to Troopers, thunderous goo up in here.

Interesting. In my theater the goo was probably most prominent for Colts and Crossmen. I didn't notice it for Troopers.

(Hated the "help me" voiceover in the fire sequence, though. I'd like them to cut that for tomorrow.)

• Like 2

Actually, they just placed 15th (I know you posted that before Colts had performed), and tied their highest ever World Class score. Unlike most Open Class corps today, they went up in score from Tuesday, and by 2.75 pts. at that.

That's how we roll.

:(

Theater management came in. There is a bad storm passing over my theater and it took out our signal.

That happened to me as well tonight. We only lost about 15 minutes, though: second half of Cadets and first half of SCV.

Storms earlier in the day caused lots of traffic issues for me getting to the theater, however, so I also missed half of Colts.

No, They MIGHT Be Giants. If you love the band so much, get the name right.

I've been thinking that since they added those (awful) voiceovers.

Presenting their 2017 show, "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)", DCI is proud to present, the Boston Crusaders!

• Like 2

Clear step up from Troopers but the show design is a hot mess. Talent is making the best of it. Enough with the Miley clone on keyboards.

That poor girl did not ask for all this attention.

Also, that [Academy] soloist was hot. 🙈

I loved his look to the camera -- and then Bloo's soloist went and outdid him with a wink!

• Like 1